Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that means Hunter inducts him.

That's a no-brainer. Reading the article, it makes the most sense. Unless they can attract someone like Zbyszko or Graham to do it, Paul seems the obvious choice. And frankly, he kind of deserves that much for essentially making this happen.

This. I'm glad it's happened if only for the history to be out now and not swept under the carpet or an elephant in the room.

Ivan's always been kind of a weird omission. Is it possible he's someone who they've reached out to who turned them down over religious objections to content or whatever?

Very very happy to have my HOF ticket sitting in front of me. This is gonna be so awesome.

Initially I thought Mick Foley going on last was a lock, but with Bruno now getting inducted is it fair to say that definitely is not the case?

I would assume Foley was the backup plan as the HOF "main event" if Bruno hadn't agreed, but now with the group they have now (and they aren't done for this year yet) they've kind of shot their load for a while with top level entries. The only top level guy left it seems would be Edge since Rock's going to probably be around to some extent for another year or so probably.

*edit* lol, brain cramp on my part forgetting Edge was already inducted. Who else do they have left who would qualify for a big name?

It's the 25th anniversary of one of the worst days of my child hood. No doubt I was balling by the time the 2nd ref showed up to confirm the screw job. I still get chills watching this and I even distinctly remember the little 10 second teasers the WWF ran showing Hogan being choked out by Andre while Hogan's voice over plotted revenge...oh to be 5 1/2 again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRG0Q6Dy7Wk

Savage, but he's dead so it wouldn't be the same.

Lanny Poffo's also stated time and again that Randy wanted the Poffo family (Randy, Lanny and Angelo) all inducted like the Von Erichs.

It makes me wonder if this year wouldn't be a bad time to do that, if they come to an agreement of course. In the past, if Savage was alive and accepting/speaking, it would be a main event induction, but Lanny? Not so much (hell, Lanny himself says this). However, the Poffo family induction wouldn't be a bad midcard induction with this HOF class being as stacked as it already is.

After Bruno being confirmed yesterday, I read a great line elsewhere: If Ole ever got the call and there was a deal that he accepted, it's a sign that Vince's health is shot.