Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know anything about this book: www.whenwrestlingwasrasslin.com by Peter Birkholtz? He was Paul Boesch's nephew and around all the shows in Houston for years, I had no idea he wrote a book.

I picked it up but have not read it yet.

You should get in touch with Peter and buy the tape library.

On the subject of books, does anyone know a book or podcast or shoot interview that is particularly good on the art of booking or on the ins and outs of booking?

Booker is one of those jobs I can scarcely believe exists, so I find it fascinating.

Bill Watts' book is pretty solid on booking philosophy, and the Kayfabe Commentaries re-book series (or whatever they're called) are hit-and-miss.

On the subject of books, does anyone know a book or podcast or shoot interview that is particularly good on the art of booking or on the ins and outs of booking?

Booker is one of those jobs I can scarcely believe exists, so I find it fascinating.

Gary Hart's book hits on it a bit, and so does JJ Dillons.

Guest Nell Santucci

According to the Wrestling Observer news on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, Bret Hart claims he wouldn't rate HHH as a top 1,000 wrestler of all time. That's stretching it.

Guest Nell Santucci

I'd put Ivan Putski and Brutus Beefcake below him and Fred Ottman and Honky Tonk Man ahead of HHH, in the 750-800 range.

I hope you're joking.