Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Wasn't that also the reason Randy Savage started wearing the full bodysuit in the 90s? I recall it being stated he wore that to hide his smaller build because he got off the gas to have a kid with Liz.

Meltzer said in his obituary bio that he shifted to the different look after the drug testing began. I'm not sure how the timing would work out though.

He was already wearing the full bodysuit with the cut off arms as early as mid-90. By 92 it covered the top of his arms as well.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that also the reason Randy Savage started wearing the full bodysuit in the 90s? I recall it being stated he wore that to hide his smaller build because he got off the gas to have a kid with Liz.

For whatever it's worth Ric Flair mentioned in his book that when he signed with the WWF he asked Vince if he was expecting him to start using steroids and Vince said it wasn't necessary because he was already established. I'm pretty sure that decision had more to do with the federal inquiry than Flair's legacy.

What a pop Mark Henry got tonight! Then the 'One More Time' chant when he dropped Hornswaggle. Can this guy do no wrong?

It's funny, just before he attacked Hornswoggle, I told my wife, "If he hits WSS on Swoggle, he'll get cheers."

He prolly should've kidnapped Natalya to end the segment just because.

I was shooting a story today in Taylorsville, KY. I was getting some video of a row of historic buildings that are being demolished. In one of the windows there was a wrestling poster advertising a show for something called Wildcat Championship Wrestling. Dutch Mantell was in the main event. Never thought I'd be seeing the dude on Raw tonight.

I'm drifting in and out of Raw, but I'm sure The Rock has been 'up next' for about an hour now. Totally missed Dutch Mantel, I was washing the dishes at the time. Caught the stretch of Bryan/Jericho which was indeed very good.

The Shield have a cool look, they would do to differentiate the three of them though, especially for the longer term. Amborse needs to amp up the crazy stuff, Rollins needs to be cooler and more laid back, Reigns needs to shout more. Hope they keep them together for a while, stables break up far too quickly nowadays. Even if they are doing separate things on the card they should be positioned as allies. Means more when they break up then.

Guest Nell Santucci

That promo was awesome. There was something special about the appearance in that he didn't seem scripted and that made him seem like a cool relic of the past. I hope they don't water him down. Nor should they. He won't sell merchandise. I found myself laughing about 5 or 6 times during his promo. Funny stuff.

Watched it on Youtube. Shit, people are STILL doing the annoying as fuck WHAT chant ? That's unbearable.

Anyway, the promo left me completely cold, it's run of the mill dated racist stuff. It was okay I guess, but really nothing special at all. Of course, in the context of current WWE, maybe it seemed fresh and really good, but after going through years of Mantell in SMW, not impressive at all.