Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They announced his induction in Atlanta, not exactly a town Bruno is known for. The crowd was going apeshit at the end of the video.

Yep. It was a standing ovation, and I don't think they anticipated that reaction because they cut away pretty quickly. The roof is going to blow off MSG when he walks on the stage.

They announced his induction in Atlanta, not exactly a town Bruno is known for. The crowd was going apeshit at the end of the video.

Yep. It was a standing ovation, and I don't think they anticipated that reaction because they cut away pretty quickly. The roof is going to blow off MSG when he walks on the stage.

I think there's a potential for "Biggest pop ever candidate" at MSG when he shows up.

It's pretty interesting that this is basically only HHH's doing. Is that the first big statement of HHH as the days of him getting control of the company are getting closer and closer ?

Initially I thought Mick Foley going on last was a lock, but with Bruno now getting inducted is it fair to say that definitely is not the case?

I would assume Foley was the backup plan as the HOF "main event" if Bruno hadn't agreed, but now with the group they have now (and they aren't done for this year yet) they've kind of shot their load for a while with top level entries. The only top level guy left it seems would be Edge since Rock's going to probably be around to some extent for another year or so probably.

*edit* lol, brain cramp on my part forgetting Edge was already inducted. Who else do they have left who would qualify for a big name?

The Undertaker

Jerry has a point about younger fans possibly not knowing who Bruno is, but things like HHH being the bridge mender between Bruno and WWE, as well as ESPN covering it, would well overshadow any factor going against Bruno headlining.

Plus I would imagine this (and Backlund getting inducted, too) will get some decent press in the NYC sports media as well, leading up to it.

I don't think there is any chance that Bruno won't headline this year's HOF. Many of the fans probably haven't seen a Bruno match, but they at least know his historical significance with the WWE. I may be wrong, but I think the HOF would draw a different crowd than your typical WWE event and will most likely be an older crowd anyways.

My dad died suddenly in 2010. Bruno was his all-time favorite wrestler as he grew up in the northeast during and was a teen during Bruno's reign. All I can think of is how thrilled my dad would be by this news. Hell, he'd probably have bought tickets to take my brother and I to the induction.

I read some of the names rumored to be at the latest WWE tryouts and the ones that stood out were Adam Cole, callihan, and del sol. I've seen the first two but I've only heard if del sol haven't seen him despite hearing good things. Does anyone know about him? Any matches to watch?

I don't think there is any chance that Bruno won't headline this year's HOF. Many of the fans probably haven't seen a Bruno match, but they at least know his historical significance with the WWE. I may be wrong, but I think the HOF would draw a different crowd than your typical WWE event and will most likely be an older crowd anyways.

When you're getting a top star level WrestleMania payoff, you're going on last.

When you're getting a top star level WrestleMania payoff, you're going on last.

I am more interested in the part where Bruno basically has Hunter agree to admitting his grudge with Vince was completely justified. I mean, really? Maybe it was but that comes across as incredibly petty to insist on that.

Has him agree? HHH is so transparently phony in this interview and in the way the WON story was told that I'm surprised Bruno fell for any of it, but I never saw it anywhere that Bruno insisted that he be vindicated.

I love the line in the WON where it says HHH always saw wrestling being more like it was in the Bruno days when he gained power. You know, like those backstage skits where Bruno received a blowjob from the Fabulous Moolah and accused Gorilla Monsoon of killing his girlfriend and then having sex with her. Or the tag team run where Bruno and Pedro Morales ran around pointing at their crotches and making shoot comments. And who can forget the time the microphone that dropped from the MSG ceiling fell on Vince Sr., and he shouted "Bruno, I can't feel my legs!" Yes, HHH's run as a top guy has been remarkably like Bruno's.

Wait, you say. By "gained power", he didn't mean getting to the top of the promotion as a wrestler, he meant acting as Vince's successor. That makes sense, since when I saw Kharma and Sin Cara, I immediately thought about 1960s WWWF.

I give HHH credit for bullshitting his way into this, but this is even less sincere than his feigned admiration of Flair.