Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Okada. I can see him doing OK. But the difference in his take-home probably wouldn't be that much assuming he doesn't get past a decent enough mid-card spot, and factoring in the schedule/travel, being a top guy in NJ, staying at home, if I was in his ear I'd suggest staying put.

I like Okada. I can see him doing OK. But the difference in his take-home probably wouldn't be that much assuming he doesn't get past a decent enough mid-card spot, and factoring in the schedule/travel, being a top guy in NJ, staying at home, if I was in his ear I'd suggest staying put.

I've been very surprised to see the amount of people who give Okada the "he would only be a mid-carder in WWE" tag. With the ludicrous amount of money they'd have to pay the guy, I think it's an absolute given he'd at least get a Del Rio/Sheamus/Brian/Miz type of push.

I don't think he should rush over to WWE, with him only being like 25 (which is unreal) but I wouldn't be surprised if we see it happen in the next couple of years

I'll probably be picking up the Best of Nitro volume 2 set this weekend.

Got this already but haven't watch it yet. I enjoyed the first volume a lot and there is a lot of matches on new set I haven't seen. They pretty much avoid 2000-01 for the most part though.

I got the Blu-Ray this afternoon and watched most of the first disc. They do a really good job picking some of this stuff. Sometimes there's just random stuff there, like off-hand comments, that only the smart marks would appreciate. It's nice that DDP doesn't seem scripted here, either. A very well-produced series.

Things I'm turning in for college credit today: a poem for a writing class, which is a rambling tale of an old veteran jobber putting over some kid in Hot Topic gear. At one point, I snuck in the phrase "self-conscious epic" because it fit the rhyme scheme. For realz, yo, that shit is officially making its academic debut.

Things I'm turning in for college credit today: a poem for a writing class, which is a rambling tale of an old veteran jobber putting over some kid in Hot Topic gear. At one point, I snuck in the phrase "self-conscious epic" because it fit the rhyme scheme. For realz, yo, that shit is officially making its academic debut.

Bonus points if you can work in "meaningless depth".

Does anyone think Okada in WWE could work out well?

Like I told a friend on facebook who mentioned this. Ask Naofumi "Yoshi Tatsu" Yamamoto how his career is going. . . . .

Tatsu's still on the roster, right? I mean, he's getting a paycheck and he doesn't have to do much. He'll probably be able to return to Japan in a higher-profile gig if (when) he gets released. Not too shabby.

Now, I know that Okada has a higher profile in Japan than Tatsu did, so I don't know if it work out for him. Just saying that Yoshi's not in the worst spot.

What is the pre attitude era considered? I'm talking 95-97 so we have the Monday Night wars but not quite Attitude Era and fading out of New Genereation era. Wouldnt this be classified as an era? Reason i'm asking is because i'm planning on doing a project/rewatching of this era for WWF, WCW, ECW, and USWA and just cant think of what to call it. I might create a blog once i start it and track favorite matches and angles, i dont think i will do match by match reviews.

I always just call it the Bridge Era.

Maybe the Purge & Rebirth Era?

I like the Rebirth Era, i dont quite consider it New Gen anymore to me thats more 92 to 94 maybe early 95. Late 95 to 97 had a totally different feel to it but wasnt quite attitude yet.

To the guy who who compared Yoshi Tatsu to Kazuchika Okada, how the fuck are those two even remotely relevant to each other?

Because both were New Japan wrestlers who the WWE showed interest in. Yamamoto made the move, and his career has been pretty much dormant ever since. Hence: If Okada was considering it, he should ask Yamamoto how his career is going. It's actually not that complicated if you think about it.

Getting back to Bruno being inducted into the Hall of Fame, I just watched Zbysko's KC 1980 WWF Timeline. He said at the very end after he was fired he was never to return again..."until two months ago, kind of". So if that's true, they must have been negotiating with Larry, to induct Bruno and also participate in any DVD's that might be coming out soon as well.

I always just call it the Bridge Era.

Maybe the Purge & Rebirth Era?

I like the Rebirth Era, i dont quite consider it New Gen anymore to me thats more 92 to 94 maybe early 95. Late 95 to 97 had a totally different feel to it but wasnt quite attitude yet.

It's still the New Generation era. WWF was actively promoting it as such in 95. Shawn won the Slammy in early '96 proclaiming him the leader of the New Generation. Seeds of the Attitude Era were planted in late '96 and by '97 they were off and running.