Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Vince/HHH must be so mad they turned their offer down.

I doubt it.

I'm sure them making "Superkick Party" videos for .com and trying to trademark the too sweet hand gesture nearly twenty years after it was introduced to wrestling are just coincidences. I mean I don't think anyone's losing sleep over it but it's clearly another example of the petty behavior WWE is known to indulge in when they don't get what they want.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the detailed response Chris

As kjh said I imagine that there will be a 18-23% bump in the stock after the Q1 results - a lot of people may see the huge bump and jump in. I may pick some shares up and top slice after the announcement or dump them all depending on the gains. Only weary because of the USD being so strong as I said, so I actually missed the ex-dividend date.

Subscription numbers seem to be a factor as big as any other indicator and I can’t see them getting hundreds of thousands with this new product, and I do not know for how long are they going to be able to pull out gimmicks out of their hat to artificially keep the numbers up. I expect them getting their ass kicked and then coming up with something to pump numbers up again.

I do not see the long term value of WWE stock, in fact it’s a terrible investing stock because of its volatility, but a wrestling fan can hear signals and trade. However the stock is hard to read. If they hadn’t thrown in such ridiculous numbers at the start the stock could be a steady 50% more valuable at this point. It has also been a historically underperforming stock (maybe because of the wrestling bias, I don’t know) and there’s always the black swan of people dying and the stock crumbling again.

Interesting how for years and years I’d skip the financial portions of WON but now they are the only WWE pages that I always read.

PS - Chris, is the dude that criticised you and thinks they will get to 2M a wrestling fan?

I'm pretty sure the "superkick party" stuff is just the usual Joey Styles crew screwing around and doing things management has no clue about - probably meant as a tribute.

Maybe. But then there was that Mark Henry line to Roman Reigns last night: “You young bucks, you think you know it all, you did it all. YOU AIN’T BEEN NOWHERE!”

So this past weekend at Frozen Dead Guy Days, a festival I help run every year, we got to see a crowd turn on a Coffin Race team and turn them heel based purely on them being undefeated for the previous five years. I was announcing and played up how no one has been able to beat them. This year they won again, beating Team Luchadores in their final heat. The crowd totally turned on them and my announcing sorta helped. They never cheat, they just can't be beaten.

pinksocks4_n_zpsfgsnlidg.jpg

Max Landis made a video similar to his really funny Death of Superman summary that breaks down HHH's career in kayfabe. It's outstanding.

That's amazing. And it's not a HHH bash, it's a hilarious explanation of his character while also being a declaration of why Pro Wrestling is awesome to people who don't get it. That's the premise. Everything in there that's also an Internet trope about why people hate him is shown clearly to be part of this TV Character the host loves. And most importantly, it's really funny and it's making fun of people who still bash wrestling for not being "real". "Wrestling Isn't Wrestling" is the best tag line ever.

Max Landis made a video similar to his really funny Death of Superman summary that breaks down HHH's career in kayfabe. It's outstanding.

That's amazing. And it's not a HHH bash, it's a hilarious explanation of his character while also being a declaration of why Pro Wrestling is awesome to people who don't get it. That's the premise. Everything in there that's also an Internet trope about why people hate him is shown clearly to be part of this TV Character the host loves. And most importantly, it's really funny and it's making fun of people who still bash wrestling for not being "real". "Wrestling Isn't Wrestling" is the best tag line ever.

I much prefer Kevin Cook's take on Trips:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/8273-the-greatest-things-ever-written-on-wrestling-message-boards/?p=5435882

Hansen and Sid tagging in February 1991 when they obviously both had other matches to build at WrestleWar and no apparent motive or previous association is one of the best examples of Rule Of Cool booking I've ever seen.

On a related note, their pre-WW Omni opponents are Sting and Luger, similarly paired for nothing more than Rule Of Over (which I never realized until now), and they certainly are that.