Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestling is stupid.

It's a lot of fun would be my take.

Stephanie responded to Max Landis on twitter saying she loved the video. I guess Alvarez was wrong about the company not responding. Unless they are messing with him after the fact

Alvarez is wrong most of the time.

That thing was a love letter to HHH the villain, the one who got his comeuppance last year vs Bryan and likely will next weekend against Sting.

All the stuff about him being painfully insecure - you don't think that would/should bother him?

No, it's about the character, not the performer. I think things like the Triple H squashes everyone video last year show that they're pretty good at making fun of the difference.

Have you seen the video where the Hardcore Title belt wins itself and then Jun Akiyama wins it later in the night? That one is a classic.

Unfortunately not but that sounds amazing. Is it easy to find?

It was on Youtube but appears to be gone. It's the 4/29/14 DDT show. The belt won itself to become the 1000th champion. You can find video of a Japanese girl knocking over the ladder during one of it's reigns and letting her dachshund pin it.

That thing was a love letter to HHH the villain, the one who got his comeuppance last year vs Bryan and likely will next weekend against Sting.

All the stuff about him being painfully insecure - you don't think that would/should bother him?

No, it's about the character, not the performer. I think things like the Triple H squashes everyone video last year show that they're pretty good at making fun of the difference.

Too meta for me, Matt. :P

Landis' interpretation of the character as the world's highest-profile Honky Tonk Man/Planet Jarrett-Era Jeff Jarrett is literally the exact opposite of how how he's always been presented on TV. It's interesting, because all the pieces are there, and if the company wasn't telling you what you were supposed to think, that's probably the conclusion you would come to. Landis coming to that conclusion himself, and people in the company getting mad because HHH "fan" Landis "misinterpreting" his "glorious" "awesome" "badass" character might be a thing that would upset "emotionally secure" HHH seems like a thing that could realistically happen, though whether or not it actually did, I don't know

Can we all agree that in the end, the true villain is Max Landis, Hollywood Rich Kid-turned-Smark in a Throne Drinking Stella Artois?

I would love a manager who had that gimmick. Less smark and more shit-talking about babyfaces from a throne on the stage as he's protected by two big men.

So I proposed to my girlfriend a few weekends ago, and we started trying to figure out dates for our wedding, which we planned for next year. The date we have settled on was June 25, 2016, which I didn't realize until today was the date of discovery of the Benoit murders. How bad of a sign is this for our impending marriage?

So I proposed to my girlfriend a few weekends ago, and we started trying to figure out dates for our wedding, which we planned for next year. The date we have settled on was June 25, 2016, which I didn't realize until today was the date of discovery of the Benoit murders. How bad of a sign is this for our impending marriage?

Have you been overlooked at your job for your talent, because you're not the right look for the position, while other people with less talent and more connections get promotions? If not, then you're good to go.

Don't forget the massive amount of concussions and years of steroid abuse that went into it. I think that may be one of the most cautionary tales ever as far as getting too wrapped up in your work/hobby for your own good. It's good to care about what you do and be willing to make sacrifices to get better at it, but there has to be more to life than that.

Max Landis (the dude that made the Wrestling Isn't Wrestling video) did a reddit AMA and was asked if he could share any stories from being backstage last night on RAW:

Mark Henry entered catering, but heard pyro going off outside at Gorilla position, and did this huge dance as he entered catering like he was entering Mania.

One of the best moments was also another Mark Henry one. When I walked past him, I was still in business mode, because I was mainly dealing with corporate, and didn't want to look like some fan lost backstage.

But when I walked past Mark, he suddenly SMACKED A FOLDING CHAIR DOWN ONTO THE GROUND and went "WHERE YOU GOIN' LANDIS" in the most like Hall Of Pain scary ass Mark Henry voice ever.

I turned around really scared but he was already smiling really big and said "good youtube man." and shook my hand and we talked for a while. It made me super happy.

Mark Henry is the fucking best :lol: