Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-01-06-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Bobby Heenan, Slick, Mr Fuji, Jimmy Hart & Sensational Sherri

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Fuji puts over the Barbarian and Warlord's strength and...intelligence. That's a different tack.

We all miss managers as they once were, and one specific aspect I missed was multiple guys under management who didn't have to be specifically connected. Bravo and Honky Tonk had little to do with one another, they just happened to have the same employer.

Fantastic to see all of this bunch together on stage. Everyone brags about their wrestler winning the Rumble. Really playing up the everyman for himself aspect. I think The Brain has the best argument as he has the Tag Champs and Rick Rude. Heenan suggest Sherri get some face makeup. Well that was just mean Bobby.

Fun interaction between all pirnciples although you had to wonder if Jimmy thought he really had a chance in hell touting up Honky and the Hammer. Bobby ending the segment insulting all the other managers was the perfect segue to have them bickering with each other to set up the Rumble match. Fun segment that served a purpose in around 2 minutes.

Man, I loved the Brother Love show. How did Bruce Prichard pitch this to Vince? "Vince, it will be great, I'll do a Jimmy Swaggert gimmick, we'll get to make fun of religion AND southerners! It will be great!" But this is pretty great, they let Hart and Heenan carry it, give Sherri and Slick a little bit, and give Fuji two lines that he can't possibly fuck up, and then Heenan gets everybody mad at him to bring it home.

This is like in Batman whenever the rogues gallery get together. What an awesome bunch of villains.

Heenan's "I'm a massive heel" face near the start is awesome. Sherri seems bigger than normal here by at least like 30 or 40lbs.

Let's see who each of them are bringing to the Rumble:

Sherri - Macho King

Hart: Honky Tonk Man, Dino Bravo, Earthquake

Slick: Akeem

Mr. Fuji: Powers of Pain

Heenan: Haku, Andre, Ravishing Rick Rude

Forget about it, I know which line-up I'd pick.

• 2 months later...

If you hate Brother Love Johnny, buckle your seatbelt because there is a ton more to come. Brother Love was the premiere angle advancing vehicle for 1990 WWF. I have always sort of liked him and think he can add to a segment like the stuff with Martel/Jake and the Sgt. Slaughter bit.

• 2 months later...

This was fun. Brother Love (Bruce Prichard) interviewed the heel managers of the WWF. They talked about the upcoming Royal Rumble. The Sensational Sherri claimed that Randy Savage was going to win the Royal Rumble. Jimmy Hart put over his men (Honky Tonk Man, Dino Bravo and Earthquake). Slick talked about Akeem. Mr. Fuji was the manager of the Powers of Pain (Barbarian & Warlord). Bobby Heenan agreed that all those wrestlers are impressive, but that he managed the great stable of Andre the Giant, Haku, Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude. Well, Heenan did have a great stable indeed. The WWF had great managers back then!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rare heel managers summit. Loved this kind of thing because it happened so rarely during this time with heels disagreeing with each other and such.

Bobby Heenan's facials at the start were great; it was like he didn't want to be their as he thought he was above EVERYONE, the crowd, Brother Love and the other managers.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Nice to see all the managers together, but as many have said, The Brain carries the segment. I'm going to miss him as he starts to phase down. Not the biggest Bruce Prichard/Brother Love fan in the world; his gimmick was already out of date by now. With Piper on the roster and needing an outlet, how Vince chose this one-trick pony over the return of Piper's Pit still mystifies me.

Nice to see all the managers together, but as many have said, The Brain carries the segment. I'm going to miss him as he starts to phase down. Not the biggest Bruce Prichard/Brother Love fan in the world; his gimmick was already out of date by now. With Piper on the roster and needing an outlet, how Vince chose this one-trick pony over the return of Piper's Pit still mystifies me.

They LOVED Brother Love. I marked hard when Warrior finally destroyed the set in early 1991.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Sensational Sherri, Slick and Mr Fuji are all guests on this episode of the Brother Love show. Love claims that he's joined by the greatest minds in the WWF and each of these great minds will be representing someone at the Royal Rumble. The heels can't agree and each think that their charge(s) are best equipped to win the Rumble itself. Heenan is the star of this and I like his line he said to Sherri of 'sweetheart, go and get some new make up!'.

It's always nice to see all the managers together in a segment, but this was basic filler just reinforcing that it's every man for himself and there are no friends in the Royal Rumble.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-01-06-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Bobby Heenan, Slick, Mr Fuji, Jimmy Hart & Sensational Sherri