Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

My dad calling me at work last night to mark out about a completely random ECW match he found while searching for Terry Funk matches. My boss who is a nominal fan at best, watching WM III on his tablet during his break. Someone else who doesn't have cable, and normally follows only from youtube clips, coming into work to tell me that they watched a "dark match" (meaning one of the MSG house shows) and loved it. This was the stuff I was hearing/seeing after day one from non-hardcore fans. All of this is a great sign for the WWE.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Loss' point, it is important to remember that the VOD is MLB Advanced Media and the live stream is a sep group (our Scott C works for that company). NXT live on Thursday is a great dress run for them, especially with all the free trial volume still there.

I've had no issue with VOD on the PS3 today - went to watch the live stream '77 MSG card and it gave me the option to start from the beginning, which was cool (and seamless - and it has time markers for scrolling).

To Loss' point, it is important to remember that the VOD is MLB Advanced Media and the live stream is a sep group (our Scott C works for that company). NXT live on Thursday is a great dress run for them, especially with all the free trial volume still there.

I've had no issue with VOD on the PS3 today - went to watch the live stream '77 MSG card and it gave me the option to start from the beginning, which was cool (and seamless - and it has time markers for scrolling).

PS3 seems to be working a lot better today then the last couple of days. The chapters at the bottom for each match is great. It makes it so easy. They seem to be there on all of the WWE and ECW PPVs. There are even chapters on on the old ECW and WCCW shows also. Maybe they are gradually showing up. They are not on most of the old NWA shows as of yet. Hopefully they will show up on there also. I have been trying to watch Starracde 86 the last two days with not much luck. Its great they have the nearly 4 hour version on there.

Like Dylan mentioned earlier. At my work I saw a few kids in the 18 age group on break watching the network. Monday night when I was doing laundry a group of 12 year olds were watching it on their phones so this could make wrestling "cool" again or possibly bring in the next boom era.

One thing I hope will come through this, by way of the search feature, is a move away from judging wrestlers on great matches; instead, I hope wrestlers become judged a little more on their body of work and on trends and patterns over time.

Also, maybe a bit more watching of things in at least some context, instead of just island hopping from one acclaimed MOTYC to the next.

Two things I did on Roku that I have no idea if it really changed anything but all of the sudden I got ECW stuff

1. On the WWE network account parental controls, switch between on and off and then save

2. On your Roku account page, set your PIN preferences to "don't need a PIN to make a purchase".

Thanks for the help but I tried that but it didn't work.

Edit: Just got it to work. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Set up the app on PS3 late last night/early this morning and it worked great. They were showing a MSG card from 4-6 am and it reminded me of a 80s WWF version of those All Nighters WCW used to randomly do on TBS.

Xbox 360 still wasn't letting me log in, but I think that's mainly because they updated the old shitty WWE app for the network and I'd wager that broke something.

Forgot to post these earlier:

My WWE Network primer: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1971065-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-launch-of-wwe-network

And my day 1 review: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1972889-wwe-network-early-impressions-and-review-after-launch

Coming in the next hour or two: Article about the today's conference call about NXT ArRIVAL/developmental in general that Paul Levesque held w/ various wrestling writers.

PS3 is working way better today so far than the past two days.

No doubt - i've ran the live stream and VOD all day on the PS3 without issue.

Btw - they kept in WWF-centric commercials on the PPVs. Just saw one advertising future live shows including a RAW coming to the First Union Center in 2001 (with the Rock and Stone Cold too!).