Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I'm watching right now via PS3. The live stream works without a hitch and looks great. Anything else gets two or three error messages before it works. Also, the search function is a little wonky, but maybe I'm not entering terms correctly.

That said, I'm watching the very first Raw and The Steiners are stomping ass on some masked jobbers. There's problems, but this is so worth it.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they've prioritized the live stream over everything else, which is odd considering the Shows portion should be easy to manage. Instead, the PPV section has horrible streaming capabilities. They really need to boost that soon. I'm trying to watch GAB '92 and it's buffering at 6:30 on my Apple TV with an ethernet connection, not Wi-Fi. So there are some issues there that need to be fixed pretty quickly or else they've rendered the major part of their service basically useless.

I had no issue with signing up immedietly around 5:30p Eastern last night. That said I couldn't hardly any of the VOD content. I really wanted to go back to Halloween Havoc 95 which I attended but couldn't get it to load which is legendary for its WrestleCrappieness.

I loved the Goldust feature that they used in between shows along with the Wrestling's Worst Moment which was a 2 minute clip of the Shockmaster. I'm now watching a Roundtable discussion and they're talking Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen.

If the VOD works which I have faith in the WWE and MLBAM to get it together the Network should be a hit!

Tried watching Money in the Bank 2012 on Apple TV last night and it was choppy at best. Eventually, it just quit working altogether. Tried to watch on iPad and the same thing happened.

The massive sign-ups for the Network are a great thing for WWE -- even if it results in some early issues. But if these issues last another day or two, it will turn the other way. I know I'll cancel if there are still issues later in the week.

I'm in Canada and haven't purchased the network yet even though I'm well aware of ways to do so before the "official" Canadian launch date. I have a question for those who may have already tried or succeeded.

On the Network's FAQ, they note the following for Apple TV and iTunes accounts:

http://www.wwe.com/help

WWE Network is available for purchase through WWE.com. You can also purchase WWE Network through Apple TV with an iTunes account. Please note that a WWE Network subscription purchased through Apple TV is not billed monthly; rather, it is billed as a single charge of $59.99 (plus applicable tax) for the six month subscription period.

My question, as the WWE doesn't seem to specify: Can something similar be done when viewing the Network on the app (for iPad, iPhone, etc.)? Using a one-time $60+tax iTunes payment would be most ideal for me, as my iPad would be most likely device for viewing. Or for this, would only credit cards/PayPal apply?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

I gave up on trying on demand yesterday. I just started trying it again. I searched for Terry Funk and not a single one of the videos that popped up would play. Every full PPV I then tried wouldn't load. I did get a Legends of Wrestling ep to load and play fine. Was hopeful these issues would be sorted out after more than 24 hours now.

I haven't messed around with the search function too much, but I found it odd how far down in the list of guys named "Terry" Funk was. It wasn't alphabetical either. They did have "Terry Allen" listed which I chuckled at. Would anyone searching for Magnum TA search "Terry Allen" other than possibly people who post on this board ^_^

I wonder how much Vince is losing his shit over the problems. Every day that a problem persists . Is a potential custumer he could lose . If we thought the announcers got it bad I can only wonder what the techies are getting.

The push is before Mania. As others have said: it's good to have this stuff happen in a "free" period rather than during The Biggest Show Of The Year, especially when people are paying for it.

Shit gets rolled out clunky all the time. It's how well the company fixes them on the fly, and how well the product delievers when the true mass surge comes, that determine whether it flys. It's easy enough for the WWE to extend the "free period" for another week, especially if they see strong interest. More chances to hook people, the better for them.

John