Pro Wrestling Only

PWO Quarterly Feel Good Poll

Loss

This seemed like something good to do every three months or so.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch:

Last Fun Match You Saw:
Wrestler You Want To See More Of:

Last Live Show Attended:

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most:

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw:

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling:

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard:

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately:

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Luke Harper

He's the all around package and is having awesome matches every chance he gets. It's the little things and he adds a lot of small touches to his matches.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Usos vs. Wyatt Family (MITB)

I LOVED this match and everybody had their working boots on. Usos are my favourite team and Harper my favourite wrestler.

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Drew Gulak

I've watched a handful of matches with him from this year and he looks to be the guy to be the king of the indies going forward.

Last Live Show Attended: ROH Global Wars

There was some fun elements like seeing Lyger and Nakamura live. A solid and fun show to attend.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Drew Gulak vs. Biff Busick from FIP

I need to see this, I might even spend some money.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Dean Ambrose on Raw after MITB

Dean Ambrose is the best promo in the business. Him saying the briefcase doesn't contain a contract, but it contains TNT is the best line of the year.

Last Fun Thing You Read About Wrestling: Dylan's TNA Reviews

All of them, best stuff on the web since TomK reviewed TNA.

Last Fun Wrestling Podcast You Heard: MITB Reaction Show

I love hearing all those guys talk about wrestling.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: MITB

Dave Musgrave was over and we watched over tea. A fun time, just making jokes.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Timothy Thatcher

Last Fun Match You Saw: Thundercats vs. Trio Fantasia

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Biff Buscik

Last Live Show Attended: Peachstate Wrestling Alliance around a month ago featuring Jimmy Rave

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Rollins vs. Ambrose singles match

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Larry Z calling out Bischoff

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: read some of the French Catch stuff on segunda caida

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: Wrestling Culture Half-Year in review.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: I enjoyed synching up with Will to watch some stuff around a week ago

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Probably Ivan Koloff

Last Fun Match You Saw: Steve Keirn vs. Mr. Saito from GCW circa 1981.

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Hans Schmidt, thought he looked awesomely stiff in that footage I watched last week

Last Live Show Attended: Still that one with Liger in London last year.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: There's a whole bunch of Harley Race matches I'm going to plow through soon (will use Microscope thread) so one of those. Probably vs. Ricky Steamboat from 1978, vs. Funk from 78, or one of the Murdoch matches. Pumped in general about seeing more Harley.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: The Assassin vs. Mr. Wrestling 2 mask debate we covered on the last Titans, as I said on that show, Assassin automatically shot up to one of my favourite ever guys with just that one interview.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: The Meltzer piece on booking philosophies from the June 3rd 1991 WON, we cover it in some depth on WTBBP #64 which is in the can, but not yet released.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: Wrestling Culture, episode 3, classic show from 2011. Other than that, I really dug Austin's Tommy Rogers interview.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: The Georgia stuff is a real riot -- both the 79-81 stuff we've looked at for Titans and the early 83 stuff I looked at in that thread. Despite having few actual matches, it's very fun to watch.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Probably Dean Ambrose. I haven't had any time to watch much wrestling over the last month and a half, but I've loved what I get to see of him lately, both in ring and out.

Last Fun Match You Saw: The six-man tag at Raw last night, Usos + Sheamus vs. The Wyatts

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Ambrose, he's getting me very excited.

Last Live Show Attended: Chikara "Diamonds are Forever" in Chicago. Awful. Terrible.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: To beat a dead horse: Ambrose/Rollins

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Aside from Ambrose last night (sorry), probably Terry Funk cutting a promo from the double cross ranch in '85, where he pulls up in a pick up truck then talks about what an athlete he is/

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: Nothing stands out

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: The latest Voices of Wrestling podcast this morning and the latest Wrestling Culture podcast yesterday. Both excellent.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: It's been a dry summer. I enjoyed Raw last night.

1. Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch:
  2. Last Fun Match You Saw:
  3. Wrestler You Want To See More Of:
  4. Last Live Show Attended:
  5. Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most:
  6. Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw:
  7. Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling:
  8. Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard:
  9. Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately:

1. Probably Luke Harper.

2. Rusev Vs. Big E, Hoss on Hoss crime at WWE Money in the Bank 2014. Good, stiff sprint with a SICK bump off the Spear.

3. Tomohiro Ishii, Katsuyori Shibata & early André the Giant.

4. A ROH show in Dayton, Ohio back when Homicide & Samoa Joe were still around I think. I went to a WWE house show back when D-Lo Brown was still employed there, so it's been awhile for sure. Not a lot of live shows around me & it's not fun to travel to shows solo. A lot of my friends don't watch wrestling like they used to.

5. Does John Cena Vs. Brock Lesnar 2 at Summerslam count? That should be good. I need to catch up on my New Japan as well. I still need to watch Dominion.

6. There's a lot of fun stuff on the post-show(s) for RAW/PPV on the WWE Network. Anything where Renee Young gets ribbed is great. A Terry Funk promo from an Insane Clown Posse show (of all things) had me in stitches though. He straight called Piper's mother a whore & I just fell the fuck out.

7. Stuff about the time frame for the return of Daniel Bryan. It just keeps getting worse & worse.

8. I'm not sure. I can leave most of them. Steve Austin has a few good ones. I used to listen to The LAW a lot but I find myself disagree with them so much & I can't stand Meltzer talking, so I stopped. I like the pre-interview parts of the Ross Report when he just talks about wrestling.

9. The Elimination Chamber: The Wyatt Family Vs. The Shield. A hot crowd & a great match with a clean finish.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Dean Ambrose

Last Fun Match You Saw: Young Bucks v Time Splitters

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Ole Anderson

Last Live Show Attended: Michinoku Pro - Croydon 1996

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Lawler v Dundee Loser Leaves Town

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Bobby Heenan in GCW

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: 1981 PWI about how Dusty Rhodes is his own worst enemy

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: Peach State Pandemonium - bunch of good ol boys talking about the good ol days

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Really getting into a lot of GCW - fantastic week to week TV

Fun!

My interest in wrestling has dwindled this year and I only really watch current WWE (Raw, Smackdown, Titus O Neal) so my list will reflect that.

Dean Ambrose. He's been my favourite active wrestler since the first time I saw him kneeing Regal's face off in FCW. He's all I've been waiting for in wrestling. He has edge, unique cool, a distinct promo style, and totally believes in his gimmick. His conviction in promos and use of violent imagery gets the importance of angles over better than anyone. He's gorgeous. He's the best worker on the roster with the possible exception of Sheamus. He's Austin/Piper/Pillman/Funk rolled up in one but is still very much himself. I might have a man crush. He's old school. As a heel he's a great stooge which which is a quality I value highly. Did I mention that he's gorgeous??? :wub:

Last Fun Match You Saw:

Usu's vs the Wyatts at MITB. It's cool how, with good work and a great crowd, you can get dragged in and be on the edge of your seat OOOH-ing and marking for every spot and nearfull despite the fact you're watching the same match for literally the millionth time. This was joy. I love the Usos and this might be their best match. There's a danger that their superkick-splash-dive shtick will run dry but this was a nice place to peak. Harper/Rowan are my second fave act in wrestling. Everyone knows how great Harper is but Ravishing Rowan is turning into a fun bearded oaf.

Luke Harper. He's an unbelievable talent and I'm looking forward to his solo run. I think he'll be a massive star.

Oh yeah! Titus O' Neal is my proper answer, can't forget him. No reason why he shouldn't be in a decent spot now.

Last Live Show Attended:

Late last year, some dodgy two-bob indie at a holiday park in Suffolk (not All Star unfortunately). I rarely get time for live shows plus I'm quite allergic to wrestling fans. (Sorry :()

Anything with Brock. Cena is the least of the possible opponents but I'm still looking forward to that. But imagine Brock/Byran or Brock/Cesaro or Brock/Ambrose or Brock/Sheamus. Yum. I also really hope Rusev gets to work with Sheamus before moving onto Cena.

Whatever Stephanie done last. The best heel in wrestling and it's not even close. She's on fire at the moment. So hot.

Last Fun Thing You Read About Wrestling:

Loss's piece on the Snowman was a fun and thoughtful read. I don't read much on wrestling outside of this board to be fair. What's happened to S.L.L? I enjoyed reading some of his old posts.

Last Fun Wrestling Podcast You Heard:

The latest Wrestling Culture podcast. Dylan's great at articulating his wresting opinions and Dave's off colour jokes never fail to amuse. :D

The Rusev/Real Americans encounter on Raw. Swagger's a dullard and I don't think the heat will stick. But this segment was magic and said something about the power of good booking, managers and great mic work.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Hiroshi Hase. I think he got his due as a great worker, but I wish there was more talk of him.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Muto/Chono vs Hase/Sasaki from 7/4/91

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Buddy Rose - I've seen a decent amount but want to see more.

Last Live Show Attended: It's been a while. WWE Night of Champions 2009 in Philadelphia.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Everything 1998 for sure, especially from CMLL and BattlARTS.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Probably Terry Funk going all over the place in a USWA promo and talking about Tojo Yammamoto, the "Japanese goof" that would be in his corner.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: I re-read tomk's old post about the Freebirds/Southern Boys stall-a-thon recently and loved it

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: The latest Wrestling Observer Radio is really good. Dave is so much better when he's not coming through by phone.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Going back through all of the 90s highlights in prep for the e-book I'm writing. It's been fun to see what I've overlooked, what I overrated and also what I had right the first time around.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Dean Ambrose or Rick Martel

Last Fun Match You Saw: Big E vs. Rusev MITB.

Wrestler You Want to See More Of: Always Buddy Rose.

Last Live Show Attended: Extreme Rising at the bingo hall, December 2013.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon the Most: Hogan vs Tenyru.

Last Fun Interview/Promo: I just watched some of Ambrose's indy stuff. He's been great so far in WWE but I feel like it's just the tip of the iceberg from what I've seen he's capable of.

Last Interesting Thing You've Read About Wrestling: Certainly something on PWO.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You've Heard: I listen to mostly non-wrestling pods, but I checked out Titans of Wrestling last month and really enjoyed it, and I'm sure Dylan's are fun.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Whenever I've watched WWE lately with a lapsed fan and they lost their shit because Goldust was still wrestling and looking incredible.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Dean Ambrose, gotta be him

Last Fun Match You Saw: Ricochet vs. Kushida (BOSJ Final)

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Sami Zayn (on the main roster)

Last Live Show Attended: Wrestlemania XXIX

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena II

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Ambrose on last night's Raw

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: Emma going klepto

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: Austin's

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Anything involving the former members of The Shield

Owen Hart. I'm in his 98 run so he's slowly losing steam, but everything he did in 97 was gold.

Last Fun Match You Saw:

Rick Martel vs. Booker T, WCW: nWo Souled Out '98

Timothy Thatcher, I've just discovered the guy and he seems like he could legit be the best pro wrestler on the planet right now.

Last Live Show Attended:

WWF House Show in early '98, I'd love to go to more but I don't like going to public events by myself (social anxiety issues) and none of my friends or family care for pro wrestling.

Terry Funk vs. Jumbo Tsuruta, AJPW 06-11-1976, it's about forty videos away in my YT watch later folder, but I'm itching to get to it.

Probably Steve Williams flying around like a bird during WrestleWar '90

Hmmm, since I refuse to subscribe to the Observer, and unfortunately don't have the money for FSM my option are limited. Probably something Dean Rasmussen wrote in one of his recent Driverette's.

I've been catching up with Wrestling Culture from the beginning and I'm up to episode 33 now, so definitely all of that.

Ohno versus Regal from NXT, watching them do the master/student thing to near perfection was a blast.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: This is sort of tricky. I've been watching a lot of lucha so I want to say Negro Casas but I've been seeing older tecnico Casas which isn't as fun. I'll go with Dr. Wagner, Jr., I guess, though he has his flaws, or Goldust and Stardust.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Fun? Atlantis, Ultimo Dragon,Great Muta vs Wagner, Jr., Perro Aguayo Jr., and Ultimo Guerrero. It was sure as hell fun. It wasn't actually good though. I saw a Blue Panther vs El Hijo Del Santo match that WAS actively good and quite fun.
Wrestler You Want To See More Of: I saw this match the other night with some guys I've barely ever seen any of. Misawa and Kawada and Kobashi and one other guy. Out of those four, the only one I actively want to see more of is Taue. I'm not even kidding. By leaps and bounds. I've got more of all of them ahead of me though.

Last Live Show Attended: 2004 maybe?

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: I've got a Ultimo Guerrero vs Rey Bucanero title match ahead of me that I'm looking forward to right after Rey's tecnico turn. I have no idea if it's any good or not but I'm hoping. Also another Panther vs Santo match from a month later.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Ambrose last night, though Zeb was fun too. I caught both this morning. Steph's dancing was the very best though.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: Let's go with OJ's Lucha History Lessons which have started back up.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: I heard Jericho/Heyman/Edge Part 1 the other day and that was fun.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Probably the first fall of Rush/Mascara vs Casas/Shocker since Rush and Mascara put in such a consistently dickish performance. Wagner reacting to Muta was up there too though.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: This is tricky since I have so many. I'm going to go with Mr. Nice. A big jacked up guy that can't wrestle in a dirty ring in Monterrey. His matches are always entertaining.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Big E vs Rusev from MITB

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Super Parka. I've been watching a lot of mid 00's indie Lucha Libre and he's been the highlight. Especially his hardcore match with Halloween from 2005 Lucha Libre Azteca.

Last Live Show Attended: The last NXT tv tapings in June. Becky Lynch's debut, Enzo's return.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Enzo's promo backstage after his return. Ambrose is a great promo but Enzo is the best in the business alone with Rush.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: Dylan's TNA Impact review where he name dropped Brazzers and Doug Somers.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: The Wrestling Snapshot with Dylan on Chris Adams or Meltz shitting on TNA.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately:Adam Rose vs Heath Slater from last weeks Superstars. The Hornswoggle/Rosita showdown was great.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch:Titus O'Neil even though he barely gets anything to do.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Andre & Cien Caras vs. Herodes, Alfonso Dantes & Sangre Chicana

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: I'd like someone to follow Chris Masters around and tape all his indy matches for me.

Last Live Show Attended: An NWA Fusion show probably about 3 years ago

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most:Jack Swagger vs. Rusev

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw:Bruiser Brody talking about smashing fat Jerry Blackwell with a chair.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling:Lars Anderson saying someone tried to kill while he was running the office in Hawaii because his idea of running a stadium show would have "made too much money"

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard:I'm a reader, I don't do podcasts.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately:Watching the 3 rudos crawl all over Andre in the previously mentioned Lucha match.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Between the Yearbook and the modern day it may well be Dustin Rhodes.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Vader vs. Dustin at Clash XXIX. Wrestling doesn't get much more fun than that.

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: I need a 10-disc Solar comp, like, yesterday. Probably the best pure matworker in all of lucha.

Last Live Show Attended: Ring of Honor in Dayton in May (I think) 2007. Morishima defending the title in the main event, Samoa Joe's last or next-to-last ROH bout, and I think the future Dean Ambrose worked a dark match. Before that, Badd Blood '04 and the HHH/Shawn Shitshow in a Cell. Work has failed to cooperate with any recent WWE events in town, but I regret passing up the recent Smackdown taping here, probably the first local card I'd really be raring to go to in some time.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: I've already soured on modern WWE--some of it their fault, some of it not--but I definitely want to check out Usos vs. Wyatts from MITB. '94 AJPW has been on the quiet side since Doc won the Triple Crown, with two good but underwhelming title matches, so I'm anxious to see what's in store during the Tag League.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: The Sandman's "retirement," beatdown of Dreamer and Peaches, and subsequent gloating promo with Woman.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: I just picked up the history of Memphis wrestling book for 1982, with tons of cool shit in there.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: Where the Big Boys Play on SuperBrawl I. They're right--you need to drop what you're doing and watch the full debut of Oz, right now.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: That Cactus-Sabu brawl in the casino is possibly the high watermark of ECW-influenced '90s indy wrestling.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Mickie Knuckles. She's certifiably insane, and the best part of both WSU secret shows I've been to this year. insane personality, great veteran instincts

Last Fun Match You Saw: The four-way from DDT4 '14. I watched hte DVD Sunday, and that match was so innovative in its layout that I didn't mind the typical indie fighting spirit shit that was won't to happen when Gargano, O'Reilly, and Younger get together.

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Danny Cannon. I loved his secret show match from Beyond Wrestling. He had such a great energy in his one match, I wanna see if that carries.

Last Live Show Attended: Chikara's You Only Live Twice. I don't know if you know, but my name was mentioned in a positive light during the actual show :)

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Since pairings for BOLA haven't been announced yet, and since Chikara hasn't even begun to name trios, I'm going with Lesnar/Cena at SummerSlam. Their first match was so fresh and edgy. But since that isn't even official, I'm going with LuFisto/Mickie Knuckles at the next WSU show. That match will be crazy, even if Knuckles is a bit hobbled right now.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: RAW Monday. The Stephanie McMahon portion of the opening promo was excellent, especially her dancing and lip synching to John Cena's theme.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling:This love letter to the indies by Danielle Matheson was p. cool

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: I haven't listened to any podcast in like two or three months, to be honest.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Probably the Chikara show. But Chikara shows are religious experiences for me.

Been doing the 2000-2009 puro thing, so this is gonna be heavily weighted towards that.

Current Favorite Wrestler to Watch:

Akira Taue. His 2004-2006 have been incredible. Kobashi, Akiyama and Marufuji all have their best matches in NOAH against him. Hell, I think the best Nagata match I've seen was his match vs. Taue.

Last Fun Match You Saw:

Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenta Kobashi 2005. Suzuki takes Kobashi out of his usual schtick and forces him to work small instead of big. Love when Kobashi works small and Suzuki is incredible. Stuff like him initiating a slap exchange with Kobashi when he won't give up the arm willingly, just to snatch it once Kobashi starts slapping is all kinds of awesome.

Wrestler You Want to See More of:

Minoru Suzuki. He's great at the little things that make a match work and brings a completely different feel than any other puroresu guy I've seen. Works incredibly smart.

Last Live Show You've Attended:

Been a while. The Thunder in Fargo, ND when DDP, Sting, nash and Goldberg had a 4 way match. DDP was such a chickenshit heel in that match too.

Match You are Looking Forward to Watching Soon the Most:

Ishikawa/Otsuka/Sawa vs. Ikeda/Usuda/Super Tiger 2 2008. Love me some Battlarts and it's the one style not represented very well in the 2000s. Can't wait for the resurgence of one of my favorite Japanese promotions.

Ric Flair going nuts on Orton/Slater after they took Race's bounty on him. Man did Flair knock that one out of the park after the very low-key "retirement" thing he had done earlier.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Pro Wrestling:

Daniel Bryan getting his due was pretty cool for me to read about. I like that the WWE is willing to at least on the surface change to fit the reactions their wrestlers get.

Between working, training and sleeping, most of what I do now is watch wrestling and a few movies. Podcasts sound fun, but sneaking in some time to listen to the music I love between all of that is more important.

Ikeda vs. Ishikawa from Futen in 2005. I mentioned how I love BatBat and it's a more brutal variation on the style. That match blew my mind with the stiffness. That they kept what they did up for almost 20 minutes is insane.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Shinya Hashimoto - Dude was amazing in anything he does

Last Fun Match You Saw: NJPW / UWF 10 Man Tag from 1986 - Really fun, heated Tag at start of the feud

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: Nobuhiko Takada

Last Live Show Attended: Bragging Rights 2009

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Shinya Hashimoto vs. Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Title

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Dean Ambrose on RAW / MITB - Dude is money

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: History of UWF / UWF 2 / UWFi

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: - 1994 WCW Part 1 / 2 on Place To Be (Will and Charles on the show)

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: MITB 2014 - It was my first PPV in full in 5 years, I had a blast watchin it.

Between an 80s film project, my own cataloguing of the greatest funk and RnB songs of the 80s, a couple of anime series I'm watching, 1970s comic books, and this being the best time of the year for sport, I've only been watching a couple of matches a week, BUT, I think Virus is hands down the best guy in Mexico right now.

Last Fun Match You Saw:

Jackie Turpin vs. Steve Grey from '82 was a great match. Yet another guy who had his best match with Grey and another guy who I want to track down all of his work because of Steve Grey. I call this the Steve Grey effect.

Jackie Turpin, I guess. I'm approaching one last final sweep of available WoS footage (which is kind of sad.) Mano Negra is another guy who's appealed to me lately. I always knew he was good, but he's not a name I remember when listing the best lucha workers.

Last Live Show Attended:

My friend from New Zealand and I went to Osaka Pro with Gordi a year or two ago.

Probably more French catch and the lucha matches that pop up on my two favourite YouTube channels. There's a 1992 Casas/Dandy trios I hope to get to within the next few days.

I honestly can't remember. It would have been something I came across on YouTube.

I've only really been reading this board and Segunda Caida. I find the Remedial wrestling thread at DVDVR kind of interesting even if I don't agree with a lot of it, because it's not the usual fawning over All Japan.

I find podcasts too time consuming to listen to. Sometimes I try to put them on while doing something else, but they're far too distracting. I like the concept, though. The Titans format is great, and Will and Schneider are always hilarious, and Naylor too.

Probably the Javier Llanes/Dandy trios leading up to their singles match. I marked out a lot for that.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Dean Ambrose. Just on another level entirely. Really seems like the guy WWE doesn't want to break out out of The Shield, but is going to anyway just because he has a personality that is as magnetic as anyone has seen come through in a long time.

Last Fun Match You Saw: GAB '88 had the awesome Midnights/Fantastics US Tag Team Title match. Also had a really fun Tully/Arn vs. Sting/Nikita World Tag team title match, as well.
Wrestler You Want To See More Of: I want to go back and revisit some of Moxley's stuff now, actually.

Last Live Show Attended: A local APW show in San Francisco featuring Chris Hero, Matt Striker and Matt Hardy. Reby Sky was there, too, I guess.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Whenever they finally run Cesaro/Lesnar. Cesaro throwing around Lesnar is going to be incredible. Also, if Taker ever got healthy enough to go up against Bray Wyatt, I'm all about it.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Anything Ambrose has done in a while.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: That WWE has to cut back on production costs. Also, anything Shoemaker has written over the last six months. (I have to say that's sarcasm lest someone actually believes me.)

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: SC return call/Wrestling Culture return show.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Going through the Best of ECW set. Just burning through it right now. 1996 ECW has become one of my favorite eras of wrestling ever because of it and made me do a complete 180 on Shane Douglas as a worker. Absolutely top notch during this time.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: I could easily say Thatcher here but instead I'll go with Kongo Kong. Awesome throwback big man/monster on the indies. He really stands out on the modern scene because no one else is working like him at all. Great look, and a guy who has potential to be one of the best big men in wrestling history if he gets the chances.

Last Fun Match You Saw: Shaun Tempers v. Slim J from the 6/28 Anarchy show

Really fun local heel champ v. flashy face challenger match. It helps if you know what Tempers finishers are, but other way it's my kind of match.

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: The French Catch guys

Last Live Show Attended: WWE house show earlier this year that included a great Cena v. Orton cage match, and a very good/great Real Americans v. Rhodes Brothers match.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Black Terry v. Charles Lucero, assuming it actually makes tape.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: Mean Gene's confessional promos on Legends House. All of them.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: I thought the interview with one of the owners of This Is Progress that is up at VoicesofWrestling.com was pretty interesting. Also the 1949 year in review article Stanley Weston wrote for Ring Magazine that Yohe posted over at Classics was pretty great. Really there is a lot of stuff I could put here.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: I listen to a bunch of them, too hard to narrow it down. I enjoy all the Voices of Wrestling shows and the last Titans show on Philly was a ton of fun.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Watching the En Busca final with Cavernario and Hechicero live on my phone while walking home from work. I had to look like an insane person, but it's amazing I was able to watch that in real time as it happened from Arena Mexico while strolling down a major highway.

Current Favorite Wrestler To Watch: Ricochet

Last Fun Match You Saw: Shockingly dug Brian Cage vs. Roderick Strong from the last PWG show. I know, I don't get it either. It was basically Cage working as Roderick, with Roderick working from underneath and having to figure out how to beat himself. Didn't go too long, Roddy played the role well, Cage was a beast. Best Friends vs. Candice/Joey, and ACH vs. Ricochet from the same show were good stuff, too.

Wrestler You Want To See More Of: I'm gonna drop Danny Cannon here too, just because I want to see him booked everywhere. He's blowing up like crazy, though, so it's coming. I'll add Timothy Thatcher, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Biff Busick, and Drew Gulak to that.

Last Live Show Attended: Scott County Wrestling last weekend. Decent show, though some of the locals are less than stellar. Marek Brave, Matt Cage, Mallaki Matthews, Christian Rose, Shane Hollister, and Bucky Collins are all worth going for, though. Big 3XW 9th Anniversary show next weekend, with a huge Dreamwave show the next night. Lotta good rasslin.

Match You Are Looking Forward To Watching Soon The Most: Jimmy Rockwell vs. Zach Thompson ladder match at 3XW next weekend. Those two are gonna kill it. Matt Cage vs. Chris Sabin at Dreamwave. Cage vs. Gargano from the last Dreamwave show is one of my matches of the year, he's been on a huge roll recently.

Last Fun Interview/Promo You Saw: I haven't watched the video yet, so I'm not sure where it's at in there (you should watch the whole thing though... promo video for the 3XW show) but I watched Hype Gotti cut a hilarious promo on Mike Sydal in the parking lot at our last show.

Last Interesting Thing You Read About Wrestling: This piece from Danielle Matheson about Chikara. She's a good kid, and loves her some indy rasslin.

Last Worthwhile Wrestling Podcast You Heard: Austin's show is really the only one I listed to right now. The Vader interview was fun, even if Austin had to fight to get any questions in.

Most Fun You've Had Watching Wrestling Lately: Dreamwave Wrestling. Every month. They're putting on some of the best shows in the country, and not getting enough hype. Rich from VOW was at the last show and enjoyed himself, so hopefully he starts pimping them. ACTUALLY... the real answer is the Metro Pro reunion show last month. My favorite locker room to be a part of, and I'm glad everyone was able to get together again. There should be some exciting news coming from them soon.