Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its underwhelming to say the least, and with the state of the roster am not sure what options they have to even juice it up. Cena pulling another rabbit out of his hat and making it back for Taker would help, but that also leaves a Brock match that doesn't exactly feel like a special attraction. Could put together a decent card just with the injured list, but hey, this is where we are.

I am reserving judgment on the final card but I am really not happy about this year's Mania and I already paid money for the damn thing.

Ditto

You guys will be cited as evidence of HHH's massive drawing power at some point. :(

I've decided my personal hell will be the main event, with Roman's offense getting massive boos and HHH's offense getting "NXT!" chants.

All this talk of injuries is a pathetic excuse, as you could still have a freaking great show if they wanted.

It's true. I know some of these guys are not people's cup(s) of tea, but there could be worse things then building a Mania around: Styles, Owens, Ambrose, Reigns, Lesnar, Taker, HHH, Jericho, Wyatt, Dudleys, and Sasha Banks. Its all about whether or not the company wants to make it interesting with the people they have left.

All this talk of injuries is a pathetic excuse, as you could still have a freaking great show if they wanted.

It's true. I know some of these guys are not people's cup(s) of tea, but there could be worse things then building a Mania around: Styles, Owens, Ambrose, Reigns, Lesnar, Taker, HHH, Jericho, Wyatt, Dudleys, and Sasha Banks. Its all about whether or not the company wants to make it interesting with the people they have left.

You had me.until you hit HHH. Then I hit a wall that even Sasha Banks wasn't going to help me get over.

I'm hoping they pull some rabbits out of their hat.....but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Cena being injured put them in a major bind......because I'm pretty sure they were going to do Taker-Cena this year. Now Taker doesn't have an opponent. I think Owens and Taker was a viable top match.....but they've screwed that up with Owens on a losing streak to Dolph Ziggler, after losing the Ambrose feud. I don't know what the heck they're doing with Owens at this point. The first time they teased Owens-Reigns in a multi man tag the crowd went nuts.......then they gave it away on free tv and booked it to suck. Then they renew Zayn-Owens in the Rumble......and it hasn't even been mentioned on TV after the fact and Zayn is booked with Nakamura the night before Mania. At this point I expect Owens to be stuck in a random car crash ladder match

And who the hell is Taker going to be wrestling against. At a WM in Dallas where they're hoping to set an attendance record we should really know his opponent by now.....and with the injuries and bad booking I can't think of any match worthy of that spot

And, they've changed HHH's match like 3 times already......and I don't think anyone really wants to see him and Roman in the main event

I think Brock and Dean Ambrose would be fun......but if that's the direction what were they doing with Bray and Brock? And if they do Bray and Brock......well, it's stupid given how little they've protected Bray. That's not how you book a guy you want wrestling your most over guy on the biggest show of the year. And where would that leave Ambrose?

I'm afraid the answer to most of these questions is they book on a Waffle House napkin.......and it's really telling how guys like Austin, Rock, Batista, HBK etc who have FU money and other gigs don't seem to want anything to do with this show. I will die laughing if they get desperate enough to bring Hogan back for this show, or if they wheel out Linda or Shane thinking they'd be draws.

Do they even have any big celebrities lined up? Usually if they did (LT, Tyson, Mayweather etc.) they'd have started the program already. Could they get Trump again or is he too much of a legit presidential candidate to do it? It's actually the kind of crazy thing I could see Trump doing.......

Also, remember when the original plan was HHH vs. Rock with Steph and Rousey in the respective corners? That's more exciting than anything they have lined up, and the tease was one of the best "WM Moments" ever......but they shouldn't have teased it if they couldn't deliver.....and the UFC and Hollywood stepped in quickly to say "No."

Rousey most likely won't even show up, and the Rock's vague "see you at WM.....where I'll be doing.....something?" isn't exactly a selling point

The fact that I'm hearing rumours of Bill Goldberg and that maybe they changed Ryback's gear because they want Goldberg.......wtf

I want to believe that they're willing to go all in on Ambrose. I really do.

At this rate though, I'd be really surprised to see them switch away from the Roman vs. Hunter plans at Mania.

Recasting Reigns as the hellbent, bitter, super driven guy to go out there and challenge Taker to a Mania match - with them selling it as some sort of "death wish" in terms of Reigns wanting to make his mark or die trying - sounds better than another month of the same, stale strategy they've been employing.

Unfortunately, I think the more likely scenario will have them booking Ambrose to go that route. They'll probably try to keep Dean borderline babyface and just sell it as him losing everything in the march to Mania - failing to beat his best friend to secure the top contender's spot, dropping his IC Title, etc.

Plus their love of buzzwords and the "lunatic" tagline means it'd be an easy sell to promote him as crazy enough to call out the Deadman without any actual creativity or effort involved.

It would totally be the most tone deaf thing they could do - keeping Roman as the defiant babyface, while casting Dean as the subtle heel (even if only for the month of Mania) - but it's also something I could absolutely see them doing.