Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List Part One

Grimmas

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, two down. Unsurprisingly, another japanese woman, although I'm glad I wasn't the only one voting for Shimoda. One of my favourite tag workers ever along with Arn and Eaton. And a great pic to boot. I haven't watched an LCO match in way too long now.

Three way tie with Nash and a mystery name, though. She sure deserves to be way higher than this, when you pile up the number of very good to great matches on her resume.

Ok, two down. Unsurprisingly, another japanese woman, although I'm glad I wasn't the only one voting for Shimoda. One of my favourite tag workers ever along with Arn and Eaton. And a great pic to boot. I haven't watched an LCO match in way too long now.

Three way tie with Nash and a mystery name, though. She sure deserves to be way higher than this, when you pile up the number of very good to great matches on her resume.

Think I've seen two matches of hers, so didn't feel qualified to rank her (as with too many joshi sadly). But those two matches were more than enough to know I'd have her higher than Nash...

Rotunda with 4 votes? Honestly I don't mind some of his tag work, but his singles stuff really bores me. I can only think of one singles match I thought was okay against Sting. Maybe someone was going by his tag stuff. I still don't see top 100.

These reveals are really interesting so far.

Rotunda with 4 votes? Honestly I don't mind some of his tag work, but his singles stuff really bores me. I can only think of one singles match I thought was okay against Sting. Maybe someone was going by his tag stuff. I still don't see top 100.

These reveals are really interesting so far.

Doug Somers 85

Rick Steiner 88

Hell yea, it's so fitting that my first pic that shows up was Jamie Dundee and I was the high vote for him. Love me some JC Ice. Funny as hell and one half of one of my favorite tag teams ever. To me he was strictly an entertaining guy and those were the merits on which I placed him. I can't even suggest a great match outside of the RnR series in 95. When it came down to it I had to have him on my list

I was the other voter for him. I love the studio work he did with his dad and I also loved some of his indy work post PG13. He is the 2nd guy from my list to appear.

Once the legacy Memphis crew of Lawler, Dundee, Mantelle, etc became a little older guys like Christopher and Pg 13 kept the legacy alive. I'm pissed for not nominating Christopher as he'd be a sure fire top 100 for me. It's easy to list Memphis guys for me because they're so easy to invest in. Jamie Dundee is a guy who to this day will draw my attention when he pops up.

Aja looks odd in that Kimura pic. When is that from ?

That is from the time that Aja let her hair grow out a bit, '09 I think. It would always go all over the place during matches.

I see. Well, I also thought Bison looked different. I don't want to think about a Bison Kimura match in 2009...

Actually looking at the list, apart from the couple of people I voted for, so far there is literally nobody listed who was even on my radar. I either voted for someone or didn't even consider them for my list

The closest I got was nominating Octagon and Mistico, both of whom I was never going to vote for, I just wanted the discussion and felt they should be nominated. Glad other people got on board though. I love me some flippy bags of laundry.

??? Who? Jim Neidhart surely.

Part of me wanted Sandman to do better. He's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I know I should be critical of him but I do find his matches tremendous fun. He was utterly unconventional but he genuinely was great at wrestling as a crazy drunk man would. I couldn't quite bring myself to vote for him though.

Kind of surprised that, with 5 guys from my list ranking so far, that Steve Veidor is going to end up 95th if I re-ordered my ballot to GWE positions. Partly because there's a few guys I would have assumed we'd have seen by now and partly because I thought he'd rank higher. Still, I'll wear my "High Voter For Steve Veidor" badge with pride

Actually, with Veidor, Roach and Mason all ranking, I'm quite happy to be doing my thing for the old-school British guys

I know this has been mentioned but that Tommy Dreamer pic is, to make a horrible pun, the stuff dreams are made of.

Sandman is my favourite heavyweight worker from ECW (meaning guys that mostly worked there as their most remembered thing, Terry fucking Funk doesn't count) and people that list him among the worst wrestlers ever are universally fools. I didn't vote for him because ECW wasn't really a wrestling company you watched for wrestling.

Kevin Nash is my favourite wrestler who is so clearly a bad pro wrestler. The man is a genius who seems completely aware that wrestling is bullshit and should be treated as such. He turned framing a slow motion elbow smash and making pop culture jokes that were literally 20 years out of date into a cool image that made him millions. I did not vote for him either. No sir. But he has a special place in my heart. I will say that I'd be willing to play the Devil's Advocate and make the case he was actually better in WCW than Scott Hall, who was such a complete goddamn mess too much of the time they were there. There's a reason where in the last WWE video game when you play the historic mode with the Outsiders one of the game's instructions as Scott Hall goes "1) Taunt 2) Tag in Kevin Nash".

And here Matt and I were being all happy we were able to get Judy Martin onto our ballots (I had her at 95)

Then Dean comes along and blows us both out of the water.

I think y'all are getting a sense of what it was like putting a 500 together with Dean