Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably Braun. Seth would probably get a really good reaction as well. Obviously Bryan as well, but I don't see that happening.

Speaking of, I didn't realize it until now but the Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar dream match is back on the table (in theory atleast). Ideally, it should have happened at some point in 2014/2015 when Brock was at his best but better late than never.

Probably Braun. Seth would probably get a really good reaction as well. Obviously Bryan as well, but I don't see that happening.

Speaking of, I didn't realize it until now but the Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar dream match is back on the table (in theory atleast). Ideally, it should have happened at some point in 2014/2015 when Brock was at his best but better late than never.

Would have loved a repeat of the Morishima match.

Are there any good historical resources for pro wrestling in Japan in the 50s and 60's. I am toying with the idea of doing an All Japan podcast where I go through the matches in chronological order but I want to also go back and hit matches in the JWA. I have quite a few matches from that era but I would like a good resource on the formation and things like that so I can properly communicate the history.

I have been thinking of ideas for an ajpw podcast for a year or so but don't know how I would make it/record it.

The ajpw archive had a lot of good stuff from the 50s-early 70s but that's been gone for a couple of months now.

Are there any good historical resources for pro wrestling in Japan in the 50s and 60's. I am toying with the idea of doing an All Japan podcast where I go through the matches in chronological order but I want to also go back and hit matches in the JWA. I have quite a few matches from that era but I would like a good resource on the formation and things like that so I can properly communicate the history.

I have been thinking of ideas for an ajpw podcast for a year or so but don't know how I would make it/record it.

The ajpw archive had a lot of good stuff from the 50s-early 70s but that's been gone for a couple of months now.

Someone did like a 600 gig torrent of All Japan from 1953 to 1995 which kind of inspired me to do it. There is a solid amount of JWA footage. A lot of it isn't full matches but it's even got a Rikidozan sumo match in there.

Based off some talk in the WWE Network Thread, I was pondering Top WWF Babyfaces from 1989-1991.

Hogan and Warrior are obviously a run away 1 and 2. Based on talk in that thread, it seems that Beefcake can pretty comfortably be named #3.

Who do folks have to round out a Top 5?

I feel pretty comfortable slotting "Hacksaw" in at #4. A constant and over babyface that could work virtually anywhere on the card.

For #5, man you got Dusty, Piper, Tito, Bret, Bulldog, maybe the Bushwhackers.

My choice.... Demolition. After they turned face, they were huge (bigger than LOD ever got in WWF in my opinion) and they remained that way until they were turned and fed to LOD.

Who you got?

If tag teams count, Demolition is safely number 3 behind Hogan and Warrior. Number 4 would be Brutus and 5 is a toss up between Dusty and Jake.

Since they were working Dibiase and Savage, who I think were the defacto top singles heels. To the point anyone they work is a top face by default. I might say Jake, since he was more protected.

Let's assume that SummerSlam is Brock Lesnar's last match. Let's say that the build is that he is challenging anybody on the current roster to try and take away the Universal Title before he goes to UFC with it.

Who's music would get the loudest pop for answering the challenge?

The crowd would lose their shit if Cult of Personality played.

I grew up on WWF from the late 80s and early 90s and I think Jake is safely number 3 behind Hogan and Warrior (Savage in 87/88). His programs were much more important than anything Beefer had going for him, besides the team with Hogan. Demolition would be 4, or Piper after his comeback maybe. Beefer at 6 sounds about right. He was really over, but so were a lot of guys. The roster was crazy deep

Based off some talk in the WWE Network Thread, I was pondering Top WWF Babyfaces from 1989-1991.

Hogan and Warrior are obviously a run away 1 and 2. Based on talk in that thread, it seems that Beefcake can pretty comfortably be named #3.

Who do folks have to round out a Top 5?

I feel pretty comfortable slotting "Hacksaw" in at #4. A constant and over babyface that could work virtually anywhere on the card.

For #5, man you got Dusty, Piper, Tito, Bret, Bulldog, maybe the Bushwhackers.

My choice.... Demolition. After they turned face, they were huge (bigger than LOD ever got in WWF in my opinion) and they remained that way until they were turned and fed to LOD.

Who you got?

I'd say that you could make a good short list of candidates just going by who got the honor of being captain or co-captain for the Survivor Series teams from 88-90, was around for most of the time period and was mainly a face during the years in question. The other criteria I'd use is who got an extended program with Andre during that time. So I'd guess I would go Hogan, Warrior, Roberts, Demolition and Duggan, with Dusty and Beefcake also bubbling under. Piper, when he was active during this period which was only a about nine months, would probably be third when active.

it gets interesting when you go to 90-91, Hogan and Warrior are still top two, but then you could make an argument that maybe Bossman could be three.

I grew up on WWF from the late 80s and early 90s and I think Jake is safely number 3 behind Hogan and Warrior (Savage in 87/88). His programs were much more important than anything Beefer had going for him, besides the team with Hogan. Demolition would be 4, or Piper after his comeback maybe. Beefer at 6 sounds about right. He was really over, but so were a lot of guys. The roster was crazy deep

I give extra credit for his two PPV main events.

Based on my own personal circle, I had tons of friends who loved Tito Santana during 89-91, and he also seemed to be a guy that parents would always like (whenever my or my friends' parents commented on what we were watching, Tito always came off so wholesome to them).