Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Toronto/WWE Survivor Series Weekend

Grimmas

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, Meltzer is saying that Tye Dillinger is getting a call up. Mission accomplished Toronto!

Did Meltzer provide a possible timeline for Tye Dillinger's call up?

Not that I am aware of.

Sorry to the people who hated the ten chants through out the shows all weekend, but it looks like they may be here to stay.

Can anyone post that "'member Goldberg ?" pic again ? Seriously, the brand new exciting thang in 2017 : Goldberg. Young fresh and new. I can't stand nostalgia in general, but in WWE, it's taken to new heighs every year. Now we're talking about DREAM MATCH WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT ™ Goldy vs Taker. Whatever happened to get caught in the zeitgeist ? Ya know, nWo, Steve Austin… Oh yeah, Charlotte vs Sasha, or Bailey. Yeah. Women. They seriously are the only thing worth being excited about on the main roster. This was *really* a revolution after all.

What are you talking about? The crowd was hot the entire show and was way more invested in SD vs Raw than they would have been in a weak ass 10 man tag from either show. Everyone was consistent in their character despite being on mixed teams against mixed teams. The SD vs Raw SS matches were the best SS matches of the 2000s, too, and those were also a mix of heels and faces.

Shane went toe to toe with Taker at Wrestlemania. He's also ALWAYS been treated like a real talent and legitimate threat against top stars going back to 2001, and now he's in far better shape and is actually punching people in the face constantly. You're supposed to cheer for who you like or which side you like more in SD vs Raw matches. It isn't about which team is the heel or face team. The main point of them is seeing interactions and moments you wouldn't ever normally get, like Dean and AJ teaming up, or a Shield reunion, or champ vs champ, etc etc.

Let's not get too carried away here

PRoFLdC.gif

lhmB9vq.gif

I was watching the last two matches on demand today after tapping out during the live show, and I noticed how little time was left for the main event, especially with all the video packages, entrances, post-match, etc. At that point, I got to thinking about what did I want to see from the main event, and I just figured "You know, squash matches got Goldberg over, so wouldn't it be hilarious if he squashed Brock", AND THEN HE DID!

I loved it, but I think it also helps that WWE have drummed all my genuine passion for their product out of me over the last couple of years, because for anyone who wants to complain that Brock could have given the rub to someone, and I don't disagree with that sentiment, what really is a "rub" in WWE terms these days? It's Kevin Owens beating John Cena, then losing to him a couple of times and slotting into the same spot he would have been in regardless of that feud. So I don't care. You could have put Braun over him, Cass, Cesaro, Rusev or anyone, but unless you treat THEM as special afterwards, and with all their TV time and 50/50 booking philosophies you know they wont, it doesn't matter. At least Goldberg is special.

The show was scheduled to go another 30 minutes live, which added into the shock factor of the match being the way it was.

Say I paid $150 for a Springsteen ticket and Bruce came out, played "Born to Run," then ordered the E Street Band to destroy its instruments and walk off stage.

Would that create a "moment?" I suppose.

Would it prompt some discussion of his motivations? Yeah.

Would it create any real sense of satisfaction? No, and WWE falls awfully short on delivering real satisfaction these days. That's how I look at it. Obviously, based on this thread, others see it very differently. And that's fine.

and yet people went nuts when Mike Tyson did that shit

You mean quick knockouts? That's a bad comparison, because people inherently understand that a real sporting event doesn't have a controlled ending. And in fact, fans wanted to see Tyson destroy his opponents in short order. That was his brand. If you're suggesting that's what we generally look for from wrestling main events, that's nonsense.

That's what we look for in Goldberg matches though.

Not really from Goldberg main events on big shows though.

What if the RAW Vs. Smackdown match went on after Goldberg Vs. Lesnar?

I don't care that Lesnar/Goldberg went two minutes because the match before it was like six hours.

By the way, Meltzer is saying that Tye Dillinger is getting a call up. Mission accomplished Toronto!

Not that I am aware of.

Sorry to the people who hated the ten chants through out the shows all weekend, but it looks like they may be here to stay.

Probably not for long unless they start running in Toronto every month.

Not that I am aware of.

Probably not for long unless they start running in Toronto every month.

I'm glad you deem that Tye will not be over outside of Toronto or Full Sail or Brooklyn.

It's much more of an Indy gimmick but the fact he can work it into the match puts him over a guy like Enzo who is mostly entrance.

Yeah, Enzo's biggest problem is that, once the bell rings, he's nowhere near as over as when he's talking, which wouldn't be as big an issue for Dillinger. Be another big loss for NXT though, I've read in the past that Tye works as a player/coach, working with the younger talent in the Performance Centre.

What are you talking about? The crowd was hot the entire show and was way more invested in SD vs Raw than they would have been in a weak ass 10 man tag from either show. Everyone was consistent in their character despite being on mixed teams against mixed teams. The SD vs Raw SS matches were the best SS matches of the 2000s, too, and those were also a mix of heels and faces.

Shane went toe to toe with Taker at Wrestlemania. He's also ALWAYS been treated like a real talent and legitimate threat against top stars going back to 2001, and now he's in far better shape and is actually punching people in the face constantly. You're supposed to cheer for who you like or which side you like more in SD vs Raw matches. It isn't about which team is the heel or face team. The main point of them is seeing interactions and moments you wouldn't ever normally get, like Dean and AJ teaming up, or a Shield reunion, or champ vs champ, etc etc.

Let's not get too carried away here

PRoFLdC.gif

lhmB9vq.gif

This company. 46 year old son of the owner going toe to toe with a monster heel and the future ace.

I liked a lot about the women's match. Jobber pins are part and parcel of these matches, you just gotta roll with them. I liked all of the Nia Jax showcase spots. Alexa looked really good, a hundred million points for her nasty knee to the face cover on Alicia.

I also really liked the finish, mainly because of Bayley. She was SO keen to get into it with Becky at the very beginning, but she got cut off by Charlotte. So now here at the end she finally gets her chance, but Becky is exhausted and it's 2 on 1, so Bayley is trying to be all nice about it. But Becky is exhausted and pissed off and gets all in her face to say "Don't you dare take it easy on me, let's go!" And they get it on and get tighter and tighter until Becky cracks her in the face and Bayley is like "Oh you wanna go, let's go!" and the brawl is on. It all ended too soon after that, but it was a cool moment.

The tag match was super fun, Alphas looked great while they were in there, and the finish was fucking awesome. Cesaro/Sheamus and the Usos can fight forever. Too bad all the matches that I'm now interested in can't happen because of the brand split.

Best part of the never ending men's match was Roman choosing the Spanish Announce Table by saying "Over here, I don't like these guys!"

The Revival may be old school heels but they also have the most exciting matches on the card with state of the art wrestling.

Roode is boring as shit in the ring.

And I don't know guys, I thought the main event was an awesome spectacle. I am long past the point of caring about booking, so I just enjoyed this for the cool moment it was. It reminded me of McGregor knocking Aldo out in 7 seconds after like 18 months of hateful build. And my mother was over the moon, and frankly that's the most important thing.