Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

18 hours ago, sek69 said:

Not to mention it was already exposed that WWE was paying to get access to fast national ratings, then releasing then to friendly Twitter accounts...but only on weeks AEW was down (which is how the whole thing got exposed).

It’s eye roll inducing to see WWE Stans assume Tony just called them all fake.  Especially when if they look into things, they’d see the same sort of obvious troll bots doing the same with WWE hashtag conversations and WWE related Blue Checkmark accounts.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, SirEdger said:

If we can finally get access to that old ROH archives that Sinclair did zilch with? Count me in.

Even if that's all Tony can get, I'd be beyond stoked. I still have a small collection of the old DVD's, but it'd be so awesome to have the whole library. I wanna watch the CZW feud again SO bad. 

On 4/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, SirEdger said:

If we can finally get access to that old ROH archives that Sinclair did zilch with? Count me in.

There is a fair bit of the early years on Honor Club (pretty sure you can look at the library without being a subscriber), but there's certainly gaps.

The idea of a combined AEW/NJPW/ROH and maybe Impact or AAA streaming service would be really tremendous for the overall wrestling community. We're the 1% that pays for multiple streaming services and seeks out content we can't otherwise find. For a fan who's enjoying AEW to be like "Hmm, that Punk entrance was cool, let me watch some ROH Punk" or do a dive into old Omega matches... it's good for everyone.

Starting to see this talking point more and more around the internet so i wanted to bring it up here: the greener AEW women (for the most part) don't work indies and that's almost certainly hurting their development given how Dark is just squashes these days and how none of them except Jade get much TV time.

The difference is striking when you look at how many of the best young talents on their men's roster still show up outside AEW pretty often: Daniel Garcia, Wheeler Yuta, Top Flight, etc.  Hell, even the Acclaimed have more indie dates than an Anna Jay or Red Velvet.  We never want to go back to the days of people working 250-300 matches a year, of course, but 30-50 proooooobably ain't enough to ever approach even mid-level joshi workers.

Mentioned this before but it's related to this so - it's just so bizarre to me that Emi Sakura apparently hasn't done like any training in AEW???  She's one of the best ever at it but you never hear anyone talk about her helping their development.  Note how Jade, for instance, mentions Dustin/Deeb/Billy Gunn but not Emi.  Makes me wonder if the less experienced women just don't know about her history and don't think to approach her, or if people get hung up over the language barrier or what.

Really the main exception to all this i can think of is Skye Blue, who still does a bunch of stuff around the Chicago area.  Would be interested to see how she compares to the others i mentioned 6 months or a year from now.  But i do wonder whether the talent genuinely don't want to work extra shows or if it's a directive from the higher-ups...

July 16th

Saturday, July 16: Hokkai Kita Yell in Hokkaido
* Sunday, July 17: Hokkai Kita Yell in Hokkaido
* Wednesday, July 17: Xeio Arena Sendai in Miyagi
* Saturday, July 23: Ota City Prefectural Gymnasium in Tokyo
* Sunday, July 24: Ota City Prefectural Gymnasium in Tokyo
* Tuesday, July 26: Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
* Wednesday, July 27: Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
* Saturday, July 30: Dolphins Arena in Aichi
* Sunday, July 31: Dolphins Arena in Aichi
* Tuesday, August 2: Hamatsu Arena in Shizuoka
* Friday, August 5: Item Ehime in Aichi
* Saturday, August 6: Edion Arena Osaka
* Sunday, August 7: Edion Arena Osaka
* Tuesday, August 9: Hiroshima Sun Plaza
* Wednesday, August 10: Hiroshima Sun Plaza
* Saturday, August 13: Machida Municipal Gymnasium in Tokyo
* Sunday, August 14: White Ring in Nagano
* Tuesday, August 16: Sumo Hall in Tokyo
* Wednesday, August 17: Sumo Hall in Tokyo
* Thursday, August 18: Sumo Hall in Tokyo

15 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Ask Tay if she's looking forward to the elections.

You just triggered me with the e-word. Gotta do something I *really* don't wan't to do on Sunday to prevent France from falling to the same low as, well, you know which countries... 

You think Tay is supporting the atrocity that is your current president ? Yikes... Good luck in the fall anyway. 

1 minute ago, El-P said:

You just triggered me with the e-word. Gotta do something I *really* don't wan't to do on Sunday to prevent France from falling to the same low as, well, you know which countries... 

You think Tay is supporting the atrocity that is your current president ? Yikes... Good luck in the fall anyway. 

Hang in there, bubba. From what I see you got a heel vs heel situation going on right now.

I'm not sure. I know for a fact that Bononi supports that fucker. Tay, on the other hand, seems like she abstained - we did have a record high at last year's election. But she's gotta be aware of how things went during those four years, one way or the other.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hang in there, bubba. From what I see you got a heel vs heel situation going on right now.

Yep. It was the debate yesterday. Both suck, both are destructive, but one is legit gonna turn the country into a Control Your Narrative promotion, ya know. In term of promo ability, it was still Dan Lambert vs Adam Scherr though. He was a dickhead but really kinda ate her alive (no, I have not watched the whole thing, I'd rather watch RAW every week). Sucks to be me on Sunday, but it would suck WAY more for tons of people if she won. Well, the next 5 years will suck anyways.

8 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Tay, on the other hand, seems like she abstained - we did have a record high at last year's election. But she's gotta be aware of how things went during those four years, one way or the other.

Can't blame her for that, I did the exact same thing for the second turn last time. Hopefully she doesn't say any stupid shit.

Well, on much better sides of things, Forgotten Door PPV ? Awesome.

i recall hearing that the AEW video game (which is apparently going to be called Fight Forever even though that's not officially announced yet?) will need to sell 1 million copies to break even.  Even if that figure might be a little higher now, i'd still say whatever goal they have will be a breeze.  Why?

TIL that the TNA video game, released in the late 2000s by a developer that declared bankruptcy a few months afterward or so, sold 1.5 million.  Think that says it all

Considering the AEW fan/video game nerd crossover is so large, and they brought in one of the designers of the No Mercy engine wrestling fans have been begging to be brought back since the N64 days, I would think this game is going to sell gangbusters. 

On 4/28/2022 at 8:17 PM, funkdoc said:

i recall hearing that the AEW video game (which is apparently going to be called Fight Forever even though that's not officially announced yet?) will need to sell 1 million copies to break even.  Even if that figure might be a little higher now, i'd still say whatever goal they have will be a breeze.  Why?

TIL that the TNA video game, released in the late 2000s by a developer that declared bankruptcy a few months afterward or so, sold 1.5 million.  Think that says it all

There's also the weird thing where Dave said they were recognizing a lot of the expenses for the game when paid, as opposed to when the game was released, which is not standard accounting practice. Which means the game will significantly boost profits in the year of release, but only because it decreased profits last year. 

Yeah, it's kinda sad as he's such great worker but he's been hurt by the first version of the gimmick, then when they finally got over as a unite John Silver is the one who got the most out of it. Uno & Grayson are a terrific tag-team and it's too bad they won't get to be thrown into the current scene as serious contenders. With ROH maybe becoming a thing, they could have been sent over there. Hopefully he rebounds, I'd love to see him in IMPACT (I guess I say that with every other guy I'd want to watch more).