Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Tony Khan should make a deal with TSN to have the PPVs and Ring of Honor on there, as well as the ROH back catalog.  That would make it more worth it.

I think he has basically made the same deal for TSN+ in Canada that he has made with FITE TV internationally.

If you sign up for AEW Plus on FITE, you get the weekly TV commercial free, plus any other TV specials like Battle of the Belts. You also get the complete archive of every TV show they’ve ever aired.  But no PPV.

Like I said, the only question is if they are going to make the weekly TV available on the app, even if you don’t sign up. I guess we’ll find that out tonight at 10:00 PM when Rampage is supposed to air.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, TheDuke said:

Nope. I'm getting a message saying "Subscription starting at $8/mo +tax" and "TSN+ required a stand alone subscription " when last week it just played the video.

Ugh. I really love Collision so far, so I guess I will pay for now…but this is some bullshit.  AEW should not be making Canadian fans pay to watch what American fans get for free on TV.

I just canceled my Honor Club subscription a couple weeks ago and now I have to start paying for this crap? Small wonder people end up pirating this stuff.

I’ve been talking tonight about the current Cassidy International title reign and where it goes/ends and all I can surmise is that the “final boss” of this run has to be a big marquee match opposite Omega, right? I assume it’s the Moxley match at All Out and once you’ve beaten him, it’s only really the likes of Omega or Punk left. Feels like it should end at the hands of Miro down the line but it does feel like you’ve run out of “good matches” for OC to have in this run and you need to position a lot of these defences as big matches opposite other big stars since he’s been so fucking good in 2023.

There's still a ton of good matches left to have, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that he'd be able to go many more matches with how increasingly beat up he is. Like...this guy with the broken hand, bad neck, bad back, bad knee to the point where none of his finishers actually finish anymore is going to beat Mox/Omega tier guys without some time off to heal? It's really starting to strain credulity after what like....closing in on 30 defenses? 

For me the choices that work:

Jay White

Ricky Starks

Jungle Boi

Brody King

I mean considering it's the International title and you want to do a brand split wouldn't it be logical to get it over to like Omega or Moxley on the Dynamite side or Punk on the Collision side?  Then it can be a top title on one side and the world on the opposite. 

Bryan sounds like a typical dumb wrestler whenever he speaks out of character, so that's very much on-brand for him.

In other news, the Torch is reporting that Edge is believed to be AEW-bound once his current deal expires. His last WWE run was mostly trash and Edge and Christian vs. the Hardy Boyz in 2023 sounds like a nightmare, but I'll admit to being intrigued by the prospect of E&C vs. FTR. By the way, Metalingus is like Cult of Personality in that WWE licenses it but doesn't own it, so TK can acquire the rights to use it if he so chooses.

Am I right in thinking WWE didn’t even do E+C Vs The Hardys when all four were in the same company for a few months in 2009? As much as it would probably be awful, that’s a no brainer nostalgia match.

Also, who is missing from the ALL IN card that should probably be on there? Hardys, Keith Lee, Andrade, Hobbs, Miro, Jarrett and Lethal, Statlander, even The Dark Order should maybe get a pre-show opposite Sabian, Butcher and Blade. And that list is when you consider PAC, Hayter and Danielson are all out 

I wonder if there's gonna be any suspension stemming from the Perry/Punk altercation. Tony has to come up with 3 big cards in the next 5 weeks with All Out (some matches announced but doesn't seem we have the main event yet, unless it's Omega vs Takeshita), Grand Slam and Wrestle Dream. Doesn't seem he can afford losing Punk again. 

- I too am of the belief that this Perry/Punk is an angle. Just seems to me like Punk and Perry had a slight conflict weeks ago, the story leaked and turned into a big news item even though it was a nothingburger, the "IWC" overreacted, and now Punk and Perry are, like, "Well, if its that easy to work the reporters and the fans, let's just do it." If its true that Punk wants to make money off of the heat with the Elite, but they don't want to work with him, I can totally see him reasoning that if the Elite won't do it, he might as well do it with someone else. I don't even think they're "working the boys" - I think everyone is pretty much hip to it and Miro was just being a little scamp by saying it didn't happen on Twitter because, shit, I dunno, maybe he just finds it all so stupid?

- Bringing in Edge to do anything with the Hardys would be awful. I'm far from the biggest Edgehead - in fact, I think he's about as mid as they get - but if I'm bringing him in, I'm doing E&C vs. The Bucks,  E&C vs. FTR,  Edge vs. Omega (because it does seem like Edge has a boner for working against this generation's "best" workers, specifically AJ and Seth during his last run), and then whoever else Edge wants to work, which I would assume would be folks like Adam Cole and Darby as they seem to be the guys that get name-checked the most. Oh, and E&C vs. Sting and Darby could work too because I imagine Edge might want to scratch that name off his bucket list. But neither Matt or Jeff Hardy is even in the top 30 guys I'd like to see Edge have any involvement with and, honestly, I'm not sure there is even that much nostalgia for it anymore. To me, there's far more intrigue in doing "dream matches" with the younger talent.