Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

It's not that Lacey Evans just wasn't good enough in the ring. She was actively bad and had not much presence - which Jade has in spades.

I think she can improve with more ease there. You have prodigies like Tiffany and Roxy at the PC, and others who are doing pretty well and progressing in interesting ways like Thea Hail and Tatum Paxley. It seems like the environment is much, much better for someone with her skillset.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/14/2023 at 9:20 PM, Embrodak said:

Jade Cargill has the attitude, she just needs someone to teach her how to really wrestle and to actually get her reps in. It seems like there’s the possibility of this weird double movement where WWE trains people for AEW and vice versa. Will be interested to see who the next big jumps are.

I kept waiting for someone in AEW to have one that really clicked with her but for whatever reason it never happened.  I agree with everyone who said she’ll be better off in WWE.

1 hour ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

I kept waiting for someone in AEW to have one that really clicked with her but for whatever reason it never happened.  I agree with everyone who said she’ll be better off in WWE.

Even if she’d had one that clicked, there’s no substitute for experience unless you’re a prodigy like Bron Brekker or Kurt Angle. She just wasn’t going to have enough matches in AEW, and having to learn how to wrestle on camera while you’re simultaneously supposed to be this impossibly cool and glamorous badass just clashes.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what's worse and more stupid. The bump he took on those stairs during the Christian Cage match, or this.

Ok, who am I to judge ? Plus, that bump really got a pop...

Also, I must say, it kinda sucks that Darby goes the route of "rich celebrity buys his way into getting atop of the Everest". 

He never showed jackshit even for a rookie, really. Even less than Pillman, which wasn't much. If he wasn't his dad's son, he would never have been signed to begin with. You can't win all the time, at least Daddy Ass' kids improved greatly to the point of not looking out of place at all on the main shows, despite their relative inexperience. As far as Brock goes, he would be a perfect fit for William Corgan's NWA, now on TV. He's got the look and the talent to challenge for their World Championship...

I think Brock's literal first match was on Dynamite with a few months of training. Dude is 26 with 2 years of experience mostly in sub-7 minute matches on the youtube shows. Little early to write him off as a failure. I've seen some Marty Lunde matches and you'd never know that guy was going to be as great as Arn got in his formative years. Even early into the Horsemen run, he hadn't put it all together yet.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, strobogo said:

I think Brock's literal first match was on Dynamite with a few months of training.

So was Jade Cargill.

Yeah, it's different, I know.

Of course he could turn around and in 5 years he'll be terrific, and more power to him if that's the case. But in a company where they have soooo many already terrific wrestlers, both young and veterans, that don't any serious time, what was purpose of an Brock Anderson at this point ? The guy is better off moving around and finding himself and more importantly his own style. Cosplaying his dad is not gonna work. Unless you're called CW Anderson.

12 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Not sure were to post this but WWE announced a Germany PLE 1 week after All In 2024 at Wembley. I truly wonder if ticket demand is huge, they upgrade to a football stadium and all hell breaks loose.

I dunno, in a WWE thread maybe ? 

This has nothing to do with AEW, because there are not competition, you see.... 

Fuck the Berlin right-wing municipality for giving money to this shady company (because I guess they are doing the "buy a WWE event" deal that they did in Whales and such, as opposed to WWE just running an old-school house-show). They also have been threatening the techno club culture in the city. Fuck those assholes. Hey, I'm hearing Paris is also probably gonna get one too. Jeez, like getting the Olympics weren't bad enough ? So glad I'm not living there anymore.

23 minutes ago, El-P said:

I dunno, in a WWE thread maybe ? 

This has nothing to do with AEW, because there are not competition, you see.... 

Fuck the Berlin right-wing municipality for giving money to this shady company (because I guess they are doing the "buy a WWE event" deal that they did in Whales and such, as opposed to WWE just running an old-school house-show). They also have been threatening the techno club culture in the city. Fuck those assholes. Hey, I'm hearing Paris is also probably gonna get one too. Jeez, like getting the Olympics weren't bad enough ? So glad I'm not living there anymore.

Ook then...

• 4 weeks later...