Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

Everytime I see interviews with Alexa Bliss, it seems it's about how she's frustrated with how she's booked and how she's bored by what she's doing and how she had the best time of her life doing the crazy shit with the doll. I wonder if she's one who could contemplate eventually leaving the company to try her luck elsewhere. She always struck me as a WWE trooper before, but who knows. I for one would be interested in seeing her out of the E. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one thing to keep an eye on about that: she's good friends with Freddie Prinze Jr and he has mentioned how he would like to launch his wrestling promotion in the next 18 months and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an overture to her once her contract with WWE expires to join his promotion while she also tries her hand at acting (as she's expressed interest about before).

It's gonna be interesting to see how she'll fit in with Triple H now in charge of creative, considering that he used her mostly as a valet in NXT for Blake & Murphy. But times have changed and she still sells a shitload of merch, thanks to Lilly and she's real over with the young audience especially.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Everytime I see interviews with Alexa Bliss, it seems it's about how she's frustrated with how she's booked and how she's bored by what she's doing and how she had the best time of her life doing the crazy shit with the doll. I wonder if she's one who could contemplate eventually leaving the company to try her luck elsewhere. She always struck me as a WWE trooper before, but who knows. I for one would be interested in seeing her out of the E. 

She could teach Julia Hart a thing or two, to be honest. 

I actually sat through all three hours of Raw this week. I have not done that in literally years. I thought it was pretty decent although I don’t think anybody could make a three hour weekly pro wrestling show that would not seem way too long. But there was some decent wrestling, and I quite liked the video package they did to build up the US Title and how they made the qualifying Triple Threat matches seem important. I still can’t stomach the quick cut camera angles.

But as I said earlier in this thread, I think there is bound to be some basic improvements visible right away simply because Vince is not there over producing everything and forgetting what he booked last week. But I remain convinced that nothing major is going to change as long as Bruce Prichard and Kevin Dunn are there.

Just guessing, but I am giving it around 90 days before major things start to become obvious. If the product has not had significant changes by Survivor Series let’s say, then I’d say it’s a safe bet there just aren’t going to be any.

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I don’t think anybody could make a three hour weekly pro wrestling show that would not seem way too long.

That's one reason, among others, why I will never even follow that promotion again. 3hours Raw + 2 hours Smackdown is just NO from me. AEW adding Rampage was already not a good news to me for my viewing habits, but it' still pretty ok. But really now, one show a week was just fine. Just like IMPACT or LU. No way I get involved in watching 5 hours of weekly show to follow a promotion. If things really change, I may watch some big shows (through Very Legal Means, let's not kid ourselves), but the weekly TV is just nope.

14 minutes ago, El-P said:

That's one reason, among others, why I will never even follow that promotion again. 3hours Raw + 2 hours Smackdown is just NO from me. AEW adding Rampage was already not a good news to me for my viewing habits, but it' still pretty ok. But really now, one show a week was just fine. Just like IMPACT or LU. No way I get involved in watching 5 hours of weekly show to follow a promotion. If things really change, I may watch some big shows (through Very Legal Means, let's not kid ourselves), but the weekly TV is just nope.

Just wondering - do folks here feel compelled to watch entire shows if they commit to a product?

It's been decades since I watched any wrestling shows end to end.....

9 minutes ago, BigBadMick said:

Just wondering - do folks here feel compelled to watch entire shows if they commit to a product?

AEW and current IMPACT weekly shows (apart from Dark) and big shows, yes. 

I do not watch everything on NJPW and Stardom big shows, it depends on the card, mood, time available...

I definitely ff stuff during my still ongoing older TNA watch. 

25 minutes ago, BigBadMick said:

It's been decades since I watched any wrestling shows end to end.....

I only watch Dynamite at this point. I selectively watch Rampage, which is a pain because it’s not on TV here so I have to stream it.  

I gave up on MLW, Impact and the NWA ages ago. I decided to watch an entire episode of RAW this week to see how it was, I don’t know I’d do it again. There is no chance of me ever watching SmackDown during baseball season. Come to mention it, if there had been a baseball game I wanted to see on Monday, I never would have watched RAW either.

Basically, I will watch Dynamite no matter what, but nothing else. For any other show I would have to have a significant reason to plan to watch it ahead of time. Like, I will probably try and watch Lashley vs. Ciampa, but not the rest of the show. I think the Jays are playing Baltimore that night, so I might watch the whole show if the ballgame gets boring. Once Monday Night Football comes back…I will be much more selective as well.

Actually, come to think of it, NXT and NXT UK used to be a “must see” for me as well, but after the first year or so of the so-called Wednesday Night War I gave up on NXT. NXT 2.0 has pretty much guaranteed I am never going back. And after I got rid of the WWE network, I never bothered to hunt down NXT UK, too much hassle. The pandemic kind of killed that show for me.

It's very obvious that lots of us fans here on the fringes of the niche of wrestling fandom want to see immediate changes with WWE programming. I've seen lots of posts all around the world we post in from folks who tuned into WWE over the last couple of weeks for " The first time in years ".  Most of them were saying it looks like the same old shit to them. And I get that. 
If you actually have not watched WWE and aren't just posturing, it might not feel like there's been a difference now that Levesque is in charge. But to those of us who have been watching WWE forever , the changes are already evident and are not going to stop. But it's going to be slow.  Stuff like saying "wrestling " is clear and obvious change.  It's easy and meant to send a message. 
The booking, pushes, stories, and characters are going to slowly evolve now and I'm super interested to see how they do this. Smackdown has been ahead of the curve for awhile.

Funny how Vince getting booted will almost certainly cause WWE to put out a better product can (and probably will when AEW signs their new TV deal)  gets us back to having two national companies both putting out their best possible efforts to outdo each other. 

You wanna know why both Raw and Nitro were getting millions of people watching every week? That was it right there. Yeah, TV habits certainly changed but that's why it wasn't fair to compare that to the people watching now when you have an upstart company getting itself established as a legit competitor and building name recognition vs the de facto wrestling company that has been in a creative rut for 2 decades. 

I just saw an unconfirmed report on Twitter that the internal investigation being done by the WWE Board of Directors has uncovered an additional two previously unreported payments from 2007 and 2009 equalling an additional $4 million paid by Vince McMahon in hush money?!

EDIT: Yep, Meltzer is confirming the story. According to him, they are now up to $19.6 Million in Vinnie Mac Sex Hush Money Payouts.