Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - April 20/22, 2022

MoS

When do you all think they'll pull the trigger on the Elite vs. Undisputed feud? We're already seeing seeds planted. Really obvious seeds like that "Cutler Cam" bit that was an exercise in " Sometimes, you need a script."  
Do they have to hold out until Omega is healthy? Cause that's how you bring him back as a babyface, right?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suspect they are waiting for Omega to come back, since Dave's pretty much stated the plan is to do Kenny and the Bucks vs Legally Distinct Undisputed Era on PPV as soon as possible. 

Also I'm fine with the occasional dud with unscripted promos as opposed to the soul crushing sameness of scripted ones. Of course you can always argue Vince's weird language quirks of what can be said or not said is a bigger obstacle than scripted promos. 

13 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I would suspect they are waiting for Omega to come back, since Dave's pretty much stated the plan is to do Kenny and the Bucks vs Legally Distinct Undisputed Era on PPV as soon as possible. 

Also I'm fine with the occasional dud with unscripted promos as opposed to the soul crushing sameness of scripted ones. Of course you can always argue Vince's weird language quirks of what can be said or not said is a bigger obstacle than scripted promos. 

Kenny WAS a big part of putting the deal together. A ECW One Night Stand/RVD type deal. There's SO much pressure on him to recover and wrestle.

They could start their rivalry as soon as possible, have UE dominate for a while, and then Omega returns by surprise, cleaning the room and equalizing things before the ultimate showdown. They don't need to wait for Kenny to start the whole war.

BCC still rocks obviously, but now that Yuta is formally in it, they need to move to another storyline. It's time for Bryan and Mox to go for the tag titles.

I know I was shitting on Mark Sterling recently, but I realized what I hated was the whole "Smart" Mark Sterling name. It was so indyriffick that it influenced how I thought about him. 
Khan must have realized the same thing when they decided to push him as a serious manager.  Drop the " Smart" and get some great suits.
I like him now! He dresses better and he comes off as a ready for Prime Time wrestling manager.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Exactly that's why I'm not as excited about the superhow rumors. What's a marquee match they can sell?

Punk or Danielson in big singles matches against New Japan stars will sell big. Omega's return would be the biggest draw most likely but I'm not sure dude will be ready by June.

Danielson vs Takagi or ZSJ

CM Punk vs Tanahashi

Mox vs Ishii

Omega vs Okada (won't happen, too soon)

Hangman vs Jay White

Young Bucks vs Ospreay & Cobb

Darby vs Hiromu

Andrade vs Naito

And that's off the top of my head.  There's so many great stuff they can do.

God, this promo for the main event was sooo BAD?!??!!? The most generous I can be is saying everyone wanted to laugh and they could not break character. Like, it was just..SOO BAD? It felt to me like all Jade and Marina wanted to do was break character, and so sorry if they felt otherwise!n

I feel bad for Jade having to deal with racist idiots like this.

Basically, before deleting the tweet, he railed against her "hip hop character" (even though there's zero hip hop in her presentation).

Then he doubled down and used the word "uppity."

Schmuck!

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Watching Rampage, and God, Eddie Kingston is SO SO SO SOO0OO good. Full marks to him, he deserves this!!!! 

This was my takeaway from the Garcia match as well. I wound up basically watching it twice because my Fite stream was ropey the first time. Nobody is as scrappy and compelling as Kingston and I loved him just throwing chops at Garcia's quad because it happened to be there at the time and Eddie was trying to mount a comeback. He might be better now than he was 15 years ago. He's amazing. 

Jade Cargill has indeed improved by leaps and bounds and that match against Shafir was her best match until that point. Which also speaks volume of Shafir, who sadly has been thrown into this without being built at all, which has been a big mistake. She looked quite good and I like her game a lot. Hopefully she gets a new fresh start after that match, because she's got a unique thing going for her. Jade working with Danielson is paying off (her driving her fist into the ribs was a total Regal/Danielson move) and if she keeps on improving at that rate, the sky is the limit. The Baddies is a pretty great heel entourage for her, because it's annoying as hell and I'm glad Red Velvet and Kiera Hogan (who was a terrific annoying heel in IMPACT) are part of it, as hopefully this group will benefit from Jade's aura.