Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently, it's been a shockingly accurate predictor of PPV buys in most cases, with a few obvious outliers (Ronda Rousey is a pretty girl so more people will search for her anyway, while Anderson Silva's last fight ended in his leg breaking brutally and thus tons of searches right after the show). And that's cool. But reading about it applied to individual wrestlers and popularity isn't that interesting except for a couple weird outliers like how much Punk and Undertaker are still being searched for.

But reading about it applied to individual wrestlers and popularity isn't that interesting except for a couple weird outliers like how much Punk and Undertaker are still being searched for.

Looking at the hits for Cageside Seats articles, Punk stories always do really well, so him being the second most searched for pro wrestler (I don't count The Rock, as this year it's been all acting accept for his cameo at WrestleMania) wasn't surprising to me.

Regarding Reigns, he was behind Bryan and Orton (amongst others) and only one spot ahead of Nikki Bella, which proves that he hasn't broken out of the pack yet.

Maybe I don't understand how web logistics work, but I don't get how hits on a CS article has any bearing on someone breaking out of the pack. Especially when Nikki Bella probably has a lot of Total Divas-centric stories boosting her hit counter.

Maybe I don't understand how web logistics work, but I don't get how hits on a CS article has any bearing on someone breaking out of the pack. Especially when Nikki Bella probably has a lot of Total Divas-centric stories boosting her hit counter.

It has nothing to do with number of stories. It's about how many times X is searched for.

Yeah, I was talking about the Google trends in my post (so Roman Reigns has been searched for slightly less than Randy Orton and slightly more than Nikki Bella, which isn't mind-blowingly impressive). My point was that from my experience at Cageside Seats, that Punk stories generate a lot of traffic (much from search engines), so his high placement wasn't surprising to me. The rest of my post I wasn't referring to CSS.

The joke in the early 90s was that Dave Meltzer, Brian Pillman and Scott Levy all looked identical, but obviously that wasn't the case after a few years.

I always thought young Dave looked like Brian Adias. Some in the lucha community in the early 90s thought he looked like Emilio Charles Jr., which sounds like a joke, but before Emilio's head all got scarred and he grew a beard there was some sort of a slight resemblance.

I like him sticking the newspaper on the chair along with the book. Couldn't those things get ruined?

First thing that came to my mind. Funny.

He brought it up on today's show, ha:

Dave Meltzer: "Can you believe my stupidity of pouring ice and water all over myself without taking the newspaper and book out of the chair? Goddamn, that was so stupid. But it's actually fine, I didn't get that much water on it."