Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Landesberg was the originally scheduled host. He got sick during the week and was replaced by Hogan/T. Dunno if it was because they were booked late in the writing process or what but they were only in the cold open (as Prince's bodyguards), the monologue (obviously), the Friday the 13th parody (Hogan only), and the famous Fernando's Hideaway sketch where Blly Crystal cracks them up. They only spoke during the monologue and Fernando sketches. They also introed a Piper/Orndorff promo and a Landesberg monologue (since he had gotten better by Saturday).

No, nobody knows why the Netflix episodes are so badly butchered other than maybe some issues with the incidental music. Seasons 1-5 are the complete episodes because the rights were arranged for the DVDs.

Argentina Rocco most famously.

Curtis Hughes when wrestling as Big Cat.

Chris Jericho used what Ross correctly called the "Atlantis style backbreaker" during his feud with Rey.

Masao Inoue and I can't remember which joshi stars.

Guessing this is from the Observer, but can't be sure

We’ve posted a few news items about this in the past week but this story is really being talked about behind the scenes in TNA – so it deserves a closer look. Spike TV and TNA Wretling officials have had extensive talks in recent weeks about bringing sweeping changes to TNA. When we major changes – we’re talking everything – from the company name to the talent roster to the company’s entire identity. Some have suggested that Dixie Carter’s mother Janice has stepped in and finally put her foot down regarding TNA’s lack of growth or direction. TNA has been spending millions and millions of dollars in recent years establishing the company as a “WWE lite” sports entertainment company. They’ve signed Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson and plenty more WWE castoffs with little-to-no return on their money.It’s been suggested that TNA drastically cut its budget, release most of the expensive top-tier talent and run a promotion that focuses on younger, smaller performers – which would finally give the company an identity that’s completely different from WWE. TNA changing its name has been suggested for years, but Dixie Carter has always been against it because they have spent so many years and so much money getting the TNA name out there. There has been talk about a new ad campaign that would put a heavy emphasis on the word “impact” .. Impact Wrestling Federation, anyone?

- Alex Marvez of Scrippsnews.com recently interviewed TNA champion Sting, who had some interesting things to say about why he decided to stay with TNA instead of signing with WWE, the possibility of him working a future WrestleMania and his debacle of a match with Jeff Hardy at TNA Victory Road. Here are some highlights of what Sting said about:

His Match With Jeff Hardy at Victory Road:

“On my first pay-per-view back with TNA and my first world-title match, are you kidding me?” Borden said. “I was already trying to overcome the ‘Oh, they didn’t put (the title) on him again did they? He’s a dinosaur’ stuff, and then you add, ‘What just happened?’ I know everyone’s first reaction was, ‘Wow, they’re really trying to get Sting over (to the fans) so much now that it’s ridiculous. They’ve totally ruined Jeff Hardy.’

“You know the real scoop. This is not what I wanted. I had something really good planned out and was ready to have an incredible match with Jeff that night. I’m very disappointed and hurt. So is everyone else.”

“The ripple effect of that (Hardy) match is bigger than you can imagine.”

Never thought I'd say this, but some actual good news about TNA.

I was researching title reigns tonight for another board and discovered this:

WWE World Heavyweight

Wrestlers Reign Date Days held

Edge 1 January 8, 2006 21

Edge 3 November 23, 2008 21

Edge 4 January 25, 2009 21

John Cena 4 September 13, 2009 21

Randy Orton 5 October 4, 2009 21

There are two other reigns that lasted 21 days - Koloff and Rock. Cena has a 21 day reign with the other World title too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he left, actually. Last I heard, he was working with Fox Sports out of Phoenix. And for all the shit people throw at Michael Cole, Todd was way more deserving of it.

Pretty sure he left to be a legit reporter, he worked for WWOR in New Jersey for a while and now his Fox Sports gig. It looked like they were grooming him to be the new Mean Gene too.