Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Found a message board post from 5 or 6 years ago and it mentioned Loss telling a story about Ric Flair getting pulled over w/ a 14 year old girl who may have been drunk. Recall this Loss?

This was in 1996. Flair was driven home by a girl from a party, apparently not aware she was underage. They were pulled over, and she was underage and drunk herself.

How can someone not know a girl is 14 years old. How can a 14 year old possibly look overage?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a message board post from 5 or 6 years ago and it mentioned Loss telling a story about Ric Flair getting pulled over w/ a 14 year old girl who may have been drunk. Recall this Loss?

This was in 1996. Flair was driven home by a girl from a party, apparently not aware she was underage. They were pulled over, and she was underage and drunk herself.

How can someone not know a girl is 14 years old. How can a 14 year old possibly look overage?

It makes it sound like you're defending peods when you say it, but if you ever go anywhere teenagers congregate you'll see lots of girls who dress/act a lot older than they are.

In other news and friend of mine just sent me a text containing a photo that he said reminded him of me:

Posted Image

I am strongly considering going to this. If I get to speak to DiBiase I'm going to ask him if he considered himself a technical wrestler.

EDIT: Just bought a ticket, no idea who anyone is on the card.

I actually grew up in Stevenage and became a wrestling fan there. WWF was huge among kids because the local government ran a subsidy scheme for cable TV, so you got cable (with a whopping three extra channels including Sky) for five years for a total of $175. Thinking back to being a 13 year old fan there, it's absolutely mindblowing to think that 20+ years later Ted DiBiase would turn up there.

What's the deal with this promotion then John? My knowledge of the UK indy scene is basically non-existent. They must be doing alright if they are booking Ted.

If I like this, I might consider going to some more shows. I saw this great random 5-minute package on Channel 4 a few months ago and forgot to take down the names of the two workers involved. Any ideas on what promotion that was?

I've never seen Southside, but heard good reports from them. From what I can tell they are one of the relatively rare groups that aren't based around a training school and don't really have their own roster as such. Instead they use a variety of guys from around the country.

Do you mean the Channel 4 thing that was just five minutes of spots of the two guys in an empty building to a techno soundrack? That was Kid Fite and Davey Blaze who are both based in Scotland. It wasn't at an actual show, but was filmed for an art film of some kind.

Do you mean the Channel 4 thing that was just five minutes of spots of the two guys in an empty building to a techno soundrack? That was Kid Fite and Davey Blaze who are both based in Scotland. It wasn't at an actual show, but was filmed for an art film of some kind.

Don't take offense, but this part of the entry made me laugh out loud for so many different reasons.

Fuck it Kawada ramen. I will be in Japan in a few weeks. Address? I want to go to Bull Nakano's restaurant too, last time that I was in Tokyo the place was closed while she was buying a new bigger place.

Jose: ask Masanori Horie on Facebook. If you can't find him, look through my friends list... he's on there. I'm pretty sure I've seen Masa post a picture of Kawada at his restaurant.

Masa also is a pretty good hook up if you want to know if there are any shows going on that might interest you. Still a big fan, and he's always been one of the nicest guys around.

Fuck it Kawada ramen. I will be in Japan in a few weeks. Address? I want to go to Bull Nakano's restaurant too, last time that I was in Tokyo the place was closed while she was buying a new bigger place.

It's in Kitami, Setagaya, close to Seijogakuen-mae station. You can also access it from Futako-Tamagawa station.

http://orenooudou.com/

Bull runs a bar now in Nakano near Shinjuku. Here's a random ass youtube video showing how to find it --

It's part of a fantasy wrestling tournament on Facebook, and based on the early results, Angle v. Brody in the finals is a distinct possibility.

I just imagined Angle vs Brody and while it would probably be an awful match, something about the mental image of Brody not being willing to get suplexed by someone Angle's height made me laugh.

Next contrast Mark Henry and Kurt Angle and see what happens.

I actually brought up this comparison as an aside on my board a few days ago. It went about exactly as you'd expect which is why I never pursued it, although I'm still thinking about writing something on the subject because I think the contrast is interesting.