Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Why are people pouncing on the whole HHH peeing his pants thing from Raw? Like, who really cares? Wrestling is a physical thing, everyone knows HHH isn't actually peeing his pants in terror it is a weird thing to mock HHH, to me.

Ever since the Brock promo before the Cena match where he claims Cena will piss in fear discussion of Brock and piss have become a minor meme:

Posted Image

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kawada. I have this image in my head of a Japanese Blues Brothers. Kenta Kobashi putting the band back together by tracking down Toshiaki Kawada at his noodle shop, Akira Taue as a maitre d and others in completely menial jobs.

Fuck it Kawada ramen. I will be in Japan in a few weeks. Address? I want to go to Bull Nakano's restaurant too, last time that I was in Tokyo the place was closed while she was buying a new bigger place.

It's in Kitami, Setagaya, close to Seijogakuen-mae station. You can also access it from Futako-Tamagawa station.

http://orenooudou.com/

Bull runs a bar now in Nakano near Shinjuku. Here's a random ass youtube video showing how to find it --

I went looking for it without knowing it was closed and wasted a good hour, $10 and atleast 5 different people's time.

Re: Kawada. I have this image in my head of a Japanese Blues Brothers. Kenta Kobashi putting the band back together by tracking down Toshiaki Kawada at his noodle shop, Akira Taue as a maitre d and others in completely menial jobs.

:lol: I'm picturing a bunch of Japanese wrestlers dressed like this.

Posted Image

And while looking for that pic, I found out that you can buy this shirt. Which I will be doing.

Posted Image

Fuck it Kawada ramen. I will be in Japan in a few weeks. Address? I want to go to Bull Nakano's restaurant too, last time that I was in Tokyo the place was closed while she was buying a new bigger place.

It's in Kitami, Setagaya, close to Seijogakuen-mae station. You can also access it from Futako-Tamagawa station.

Bull runs a bar now in Nakano near Shinjuku. Here's a random ass youtube video showing how to find it -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Na_6Ush9U

Thanks! Been to either place?

I have watched that video and it looks like it's only a block or two away from where it used to be, or it may actually be the same location. I'm not sure as I found it for the first time ever randomly exploring the neighbourhood. I had absolutely no idea she had a restaurant until I stumbled upon it.

I was watching the Boston Garden WWF show from 10/3/87 last night. Brady Boone vs. Jose Estrada comes on. I'm not expecting much but then out of nowhere BOOM! Estrada hits Boone with one of the best standing dropkicks I've ever seen, literally out of nowhere...the two had barely locked up at that point and the "feel out" process you expect has hardly begun.

I can't recall being surprised by a move quite like that in some time. The fact that it was pretty much perfectly executed made it even better. One of the most random things I've ever seen in a WWF match.

HHH pissed his pants?

No. As he's done for years he poured water over his head when doing his entrance. Unlike in previous years, he no longer has any hair to soak up the water, and so it ran down his back and left an unfortunately located patch:

Posted Image

Bull runs a bar now in Nakano near Shinjuku. Here's a random ass youtube video showing how to find it --

Thanks! Been to either place?

I have watched that video and it looks like it's only a block or two away from where it used to be, or it may actually be the same location. I'm not sure as I found it for the first time ever randomly exploring the neighbourhood. I had absolutely no idea she had a restaurant until I stumbled upon it.

Not yet. My daughter takes up most my time these days.

I've wandered into the wild (to paraphrase Matt D) and find myself in a situation where claiming Jerry Lawler is a better wrestler than Lance Storm is the MINORITY opinion. :(

Pour some gasoline, light a match, run like hell

I've tried to tell you guys this is happening. On the vast majority of wrestling sites I've ever been to, the smark consensus on various workers has seriously not changed in the past dozen years. You'll generally find many more fans of Angle, Brody, RVD, Lance Storm, Booker, Muta, Edge, and guys like that as opposed to anyone who's a big supporter of Lawler, Henry, Cena, Fujiwara, any luchadore who didn't work on national TV in America, etcetera. I don't know what's caused or maintained the stagnancy of the old opinions at some places, but it's definitely there and in great quantities.

I just imagined Angle vs Brody and while it would probably be an awful match, something about the mental image of Brody not being willing to get suplexed by someone Angle's height made me laugh.

At least Brody would be forced to work harder in a match like that, Angle's way too obsessed with getting his shit in. And if Brody tried to guzzle him, well... old timers can ramble all they want about how tough the dude was, but let's face it, in a shoot Kurt Angle would strangle Frank Goodish with his own goofy hair.

What's wrong with those opinions though? If people want to think that way let em its all on personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer when you're a wrestling fan.

To a degree, this is true. However opinons can be patently false, and if someone has the opinion Tiger Chung Lee is the greatest wrestler ever (using an exaggerated example to make a point of course) it doesn't mean people can't point out the clear flaws in that argument.

It's also the level of closed-mindedness. I think we can all figure out why someone might like RVD or yeah, even Davey Richards more than Lawler, but someone who feels that way seems to have a nearly impossible time figuring out why someone might feel the reverse.

Yea it definitely works both ways but to come off as those peoples opinion is invalid is just plain silly. Some people have to blast one opinion to get theirs across and that's weak. I don't like guys like rvd or brody or whoever else but I also don't think less of anyone who does. And yes close mindedness is alive and well when it comes to wrestling but it could also be personal preference. 10 years ago I would've never given guys like Lawler a chance but now i think he's one of the top 3 wrestlers of all time. In saying that I also like Sid so I just have a more random personal taste, doesn't make it less valid. It just annoys me when people shit on other peoples oponions, you should be able to dislike a wrestler or a style without degrading other people in the process

As one of the few people who like Brody on this board, I can safely say that Lawler is a far better worker, but I still enjoy Brody.

But the guy who was talking about closed-mindedness is absolutely right. I work with people who think I'm absolutely insane for enjoying the work of Daniel Bryan over the "far superior wrestler" Randy Orton, and can't see a single argument for the opposite. They of course "hate" Cena, love CM Punk (after previously disliking him) and they think TNA is a good wrestling promotion.

I also work with a kid who legit asked me if Hulk Hogan was okay with Brooke marrying Bully Ray..........

What's wrong with those opinions though? If people want to think that way let em its all on personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer when you're a wrestling fan.

Nothing wrong with having that opinion. I just don't want to talk about it with them.

As one of the few people who like Brody on this board, I can safely say that Lawler is a far better worker, but I still enjoy Brody.

But the guy who was talking about closed-mindedness is absolutely right. I work with people who think I'm absolutely insane for enjoying the work of Daniel Bryan over the "far superior wrestler" Randy Orton, and can't see a single argument for the opposite. They of course "hate" Cena, love CM Punk (after previously disliking him) and they think TNA is a good wrestling promotion.

I also work with a kid who legit asked me if Hulk Hogan was okay with Brooke marrying Bully Ray..........

Wow. See to me that's cool though, the fact that some people still don't see through the kayfabe and are innocent to the backstage stuff is just awesome to me. If you spun it right you could have these people hanging on your every word just based on your knowledge and their lack of it

JP, ultimately it comes down to how people back up their opinion. Loss brought this up on the Wrestling Culture show when we discussed Lawler-Flair-Funk. He felt it was harder to make an argument for Flair as GOAT because the wrestling gods have determined he was already the best ever and any dissent should be looked at with scorn. It isn't that opinions aren't valued, it's ultimately what you value out of wrestling. If Kurt Angle's go-go-go style is what you value, what is the point in engaging in an argument?

So, watching the 1990 yearbook....was 2/10/90 a hell of a great day of wrestling TV or what?

Larry Zbyszko vs. Masa Saito (NJPW/AJPW 2/10/90)

Jumbo Tsuruta & Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. Kengo Kimura & Osamu Kido (NJPW/AJPW 2/10/90)

Genichiro Tenryu & Tiger Mask vs. Riki Choshu & George Takano (NJPW/AJPW 2/10/90)

Vader vs. Stan Hansen (NJPW/AJPW 2/10/90)

Wrestlemania Update / Brother Love: Rick Martel (Superstars 2/10/90)

Robert Fuller & Brian Lee Promo / Jerry Lawler in the studio / Bill Dundee wrestling school commercial/Jerry Lawler reaction (USWA 2/10/90)

Midnight Express vs. Rock & Roll Express (WWW 2/10/90) / Four Horsemen Interview (WCWSN 2/10/90)

USWA 1990 Calendar commercial / Chris Adams video commercial / Wrestle Trivia commercial (USWA TX 2/10/90)

Jerry Lawler Promo / Jeff Jarrett & Bill Dundee Interview / Kerry Von Erich Promo (USWA TX 2/10/90)

These are the matches/angles featured from that day that are on the yearbook.

I don't have much a problem with different opinion, hell, I disagree with pretty much every single one of the people I talk to online frequently to the point where we call each other shitheads for the hell of it ("I thought you'd like it more than that. Cunt."). But it's the ones that can't see MY ('OUR' 'THE OTHER' etc) point of view that are annoying. If I say John Cena's a better wrestler than Chris Jericho and the replies I get are "this is sad" "hope you are trolling" "facepalm" and some falling-out-of-your-chair-.GIF, then why on EARTH would I want to talk to those people? I actually TRIED. I legitimately asked if anyone wanted to have an actual talk and I still got the same bullshit. I later said the Michaels/Angle match at WrestleMania 21 was my least favourite Shawn Michaels WrestleMania match and was met with the same shit. I tried to talk to those people, I really did, but they have to post that dumbass BS just for the simple fact they had no idea how to argue their point when I asked to talk more than "hurr u iz delusional". It's like the people that get seriously mad and/or laugh at the WrestlingKO results when they're posted on other boards, it's like, why even bother communicating with these people?

Also, there is a thing where posters just don't want wrestlers to go unrecognised. If there's a poll that's Lance Storm v Jerry Lawler and Storm is winning, the only possible conclusion is that the voters really haven't THE Jerry Lawler (right........?), which is a shame since Jerry in his peak should be as well known as any wrestler there is. People like having their favourites appreciated.

It's important to remember that deep down, everyone thinks their opinions are right. Or else they wouldn't have them. They would have different ones instead. Arguing about the disagreement is the entire purpose of message boards. Otherwise, why are we even here?