Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

NFL (at least) once tried to copyright the phrase "The Big Game" to prevent companies using it as a workaround for promoting Superbowl contests without using the word Superbowl, even though it isn't an NFL invention and predates them by several decades.

Maybe I should add that to the NFL = pro wrestling thread. ;-)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santo in general sounds like a real jerk/ego maniac from all the stories going around. Suing his nephue to prevent him using the family name, holding up promoters for money, etc...

Ego maniacal or not, if I owned "Eric Ritz's Drywall Installation" and my sister's shitty kid started up "Ritz Drywallers" and were doing a bad job installing drywall, I would be pissed and tell my nephew to stop being a fuck up and go to DeVry and learn a different fucking trade.

How many of those guys are even still active? Maff, Red, Briscoe, Homicide, Quiet Storm, Spanky, Super Crazy, and the main event guys? That's like half the show.

After disapearing for a while Brian XL came back not long ago but i'm not sure if that was just a temp thing or if he retired again.

Funny because here we are two weeks later, and I went to an indy show in Rahway, NJ where one of the wrestlers on the show was....Brian XL! He was in a crazy bullshit six way match that included Red, so that's two guys from the first ROH show in one match. So he is still active and didn't look terrible.

What are the Rude-Sting matches to see? One of the Clash matches just came up in a thread recently with some talk about the heat it had. I know they had two COTC matches, Spring Stampede 94, Japan with the injury and a King of Cable tourney one. Not sure which are the tops though.

Stumbled onto this, and thought it was pretty hysterical. Corino is a great storyteller.

He is, but I recall somebody else who was also at the event later debunking it as just a story. I can't remember the details, unfortunately.

Santo in general sounds like a real jerk/ego maniac from all the stories going around. Suing his nephue to prevent him using the family name, holding up promoters for money, etc...

Ego maniacal or not, if I owned "Eric Ritz's Drywall Installation" and my sister's shitty kid started up "Ritz Drywallers" and were doing a bad job installing drywall, I would be pissed and tell my nephew to stop being a fuck up and go to DeVry and learn a different fucking trade.

True, but Santo did it because he wants his kid to be the one to claim the third generation legacy. It would be like suing your nephew because you wanted your son (who's not even old enough to do drywall installation) to be the only one who could use the family name in the business. It's not like Axel was making false claims, Santo *is* his grandfather, it's not his fault his uncle is a douche. Didn't other family members have to step in before over things he's tried to do with the name?

The Santo vs AAA case got delayed cause Marisela Peña wanted to force Santo to unmask in court and Santo refused. But the good news for Santo is he's probably going to gain the new Familia De Tijuana( Damien 666, Halloween, Bestia 666 and Super Nova) after they left Perros del Mal earlier this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7fcpPR4bFA

I still find Booker T and Goldust in 7-11 to be funny 10 years later. Booker T's reactions are gold here.

BookDust was great, and super over. If Creative didn't have their heads so far up their asses, they could have run with those guys anchoring the tag division as on-and-off champs for a year. That SummerSlam loss was one of the points that just made me hate the WWE and start checking out.

John

The Santo vs AAA case got delayed cause Marisela Peña wanted to force Santo to unmask in court and Santo refused. But the good news for Santo is he's probably going to gain the new Familia De Tijuana( Damien 666, Halloween, Bestia 666 and Super Nova) after they left Perros del Mal earlier this week.

So that wasn't an angle and they left for real? Doesn't Damien do a lot of work behind the scenes like bookkeeping for them?

So that wasn't an angle and they left for real? Doesn't Damien do a lot of work behind the scenes like bookkeeping for them?

It doesn't seem to be an angle. They were on a talk show tonight and Damien said they left the promotion completely including backstage stuff. Apparently it's over the Consejo guys coming in. Not good news for Perro Jr.

Awesome. I'm drinking a Harp out of my Guinness variety pack right now, but no wrestling...yet.

Anyway, I wanted to post this from Dave's site:

Who is pro wrestling's biggest star?

The Rock 55.8%

John Cena 15.5%

Hulk Hogan 13.9%

C.M. Punk 8.5%

Antonio Inoki 5.2%

Randy Orton 1.2%

OK, maybe I've missed something recently, but why is Inoki included on this list?

Who else is drunk on St. Patty' s Day? Better yet, who else is drunk on St. Patty's Day and positing on this website? And even better yet, who else is drunk on St. Patty's Day, posting on this site, and popping in Disc 3 of the ECW set before passing out?

I'm into some high-alcohol beer and making AWA Super Mix #42, which includes an extremely rare Zurkov/Ustinov (AWA Tag Champs) vs. Midnight Rockers non-title match, from Continental TV of all places.

Martinez-Macklin on HBO Boxing is also on while I'm doing this and it's a pretty good tilt.