Pro Wrestling Only

Who is your least favourite person associated with wrestling period?

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just Vince on the local tv front. I don't know how many people remember the 1970s era of television, but many television stations produced their own shows. Especially children's shows. The syndication model drove all that out, and now the only local television produced in most market is local interest talk shows. The idea of local wrestling promotions producing local television would've been alien by the mid '90s.

It's not just Vince on the local tv front. I don't know how many people remember the 1970s era of television, but many television stations produced their own shows. Especially children's shows. The syndication model drove all that out, and now the only local television produced in most market is local interest talk shows. The idea of local wrestling promotions producing local television would've been alien by the mid '90s.

So, maybe we can say Vince & Ron Popiel killed the territories? :)

On the Crusher/Bruiser stuff, it's worth noting that they were both older by 1986 than Sting is today.

That's great context. Especially when you think about how much people are crapping on the idea of ONE Sting match.

Kind of on the same level. Dusty Rhodes when he had his last WWF match in '91 was younger than Goldust.

And Kane is older than both.

Yea, the local TV business changed BECAUSE of Vince coming in and offering to pay for the same time slots that the local territory had for free

TV was changing to a national syndication format instead of local TV stations individually paying for content. You can argue Vince made things hard for other promotions to get syndication coverage like he did, but the TV business changed on a larger scale than just what impacted the wrestling business.

Alice Radley is one of my least favorite people associated with wrestling. I enjoyed Cornette's podcast, until she became a regular part of it. Now I really don't listen at all. I followed her on Twitter for a bit, but then made the grave mistake of disagreeing with her a couple of times, so she blocked me.

Having said that, my absolute least favorite person in wrestling has to be Chyna. Total trainwreck of a human being, who has killed any positive opinions(which were, admittedly, few) I used to have of her, by going on batshit insane rants on YouTube and Twitter.

(Dis)honorable mentions go to Ian Rotten, Dixie Carter, and Mark Madden.

By the way, great forum you have here. I'm a DVDVR veteran, and found this forum quite by accident. Just getting into digging around at some of the older content.

Alice Radley is one of my least favorite people associated with wrestling. I enjoyed Cornette's podcast, until she became a regular part of it. Now I really don't listen at all. I followed her on Twitter for a bit, but then made the grave mistake of disagreeing with her a couple of times, so she blocked me.

Having said that, my absolute least favorite person in wrestling has to be Chyna. Total trainwreck of a human being, who has killed any positive opinions(which were, admittedly, few) I used to have of her, by going on batshit insane rants on YouTube and Twitter.

(Dis)honorable mentions go to Ian Rotten, Dixie Carter, and Mark Madden.

By the way, great forum you have here. I'm a DVDVR veteran, and found this forum quite by accident. Just getting into digging around at some of the older content.

Yeah just saw you posting around and yeah this place kinda has the feel of the old DVDVR.

It's probably naive of me, but I tend to see Chyna as a sympathetic figure. I think she's genuinely mentally ill, so I try to cut her some slack.

I do too. I don't know if she's mentally ill or just suffering the ill-effects of a traumatic childhood and bad break up with H/split from WWE, but it's a sad story either way.

It's probably naive of me, but I tend to see Chyna as a sympathetic figure. I think she's genuinely mentally ill, so I try to cut her some slack.

I do too. I don't know if she's mentally ill or just suffering the ill-effects of a traumatic childhood and bad break up with H/split from WWE, but it's a sad story either way.

Well, she was apparently treated like dirt by HHH/WWF at the time of their split. And although I'm by no mean a Chyna fan (she was fine for a while as a bodyguard, but when she began to "work", she became unbearable), it would be hard to argue against the fact she was one element that helped HHH to get over. The amazon bodyguard was pretty unique and that's when HHH kinda took off in the midcard, not to mention in DX. And yeah, abusive relationship with Waltman, who's a mess himself, probably didn't help either.

I think my biggest take away from this whole thread is that if you said Jeff Jarrett after that JJ MMA video then you are possibly human scum and should no longer be allowed on the internet. All time great wrestling moment if there ever was one.

Least favorite person? Yeah, I got nothing. I think Brandon Stroud is a whack job that works a shite pseudo-intellectual gimmick and vomit in my mouth a wee bit when someone on twitter decides to retweet something of his. Does that count?

EDIT: Just read Parv's other thread. Changing my choice to Parv!

My least favorite wrestling personality is Triple H. He booked himself into a match with an employee just so he could take out his frustrations with him by potatoing him. In a publicly traded company.

Add to that all the stuff in the "Douchebag" thread and his still being bitter after all these years at being (rightly) thought of as an "Attitude Era" afterthought and I just have such ill feelings toward the guy.

Yea, the local TV business changed BECAUSE of Vince coming in and offering to pay for the same time slots that the local territory had for free

TV was changing to a national syndication format instead of local TV stations individually paying for content. You can argue Vince made things hard for other promotions to get syndication coverage like he did, but the TV business changed on a larger scale than just what impacted the wrestling business.

Larger scale? The story of TV and wrestling can't be told without each other. Just ask Ted ;)

Anyways,

Vince was paying local stations to carry his syndicated show. Who else was trying to syndicate nationally? There was the Gordon Soile show.. but I'm drawing a blank after that.

My point being, he beat them to the punch, right? He killed the local TV so they couldn't get out of the gate. The rest of wrestling saw the future in superstations and satellites. The savy folks saw what was happening in Atlanta and Dallas. Vince saw syndication and then PPV.

This is what made Vince unique. He didn't make it hard for people to grow their syndication. They weren't trying.

I think my biggest take away from this whole thread is that if you said Jeff Jarrett after that JJ MMA video then you are possibly human scum and should no longer be allowed on the internet. All time great wrestling moment if there ever was one.

Least favorite person? Yeah, I got nothing. I think Brandon Stroud is a whack job that works a shite pseudo-intellectual gimmick and vomit in my mouth a wee bit when someone on twitter decides to retweet something of his. Does that count?

Stroud is a great call. There's also a guy who ran in the same circles called K. Sawyer Paul that did/does (?) the same pseudo-intellectual schtick, but even worse.

Stuff like this garbage: http://maltesesuplex.tumblr.com

Jarrett is a good to great wrestler. He was just way overpushed above his station in WCW and TNA.

I think Eddie Ellner summed up Jarrett the best when asked if he could be World Champion. Paraphrasing here, "he's the Tito Santana of his generation. Good enough to be IC or tag team champion, but not the main guy".

Jarrett was a decent IC champ and in a company that was not booked by Vince Russo, him and Owen could of/should of have been great chickenshit/dick head tag team champs fighting Edge/Christian, D'lo/Henry and The Hardys.

That tumblrs not a gimmick?! Hahahaha.

Haha. Nope. He also has a podcast (I initially heard of him when he was on Wrestlespective with Jason Mann - whom I like) here:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/international-object-podcast

It features the kind if douchiness you'd expect from a podcast that is touted as a "documentation of the aggressive arts."