Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I agree with that in principle but maybe we need to come up with a new rule in the Game Station where we build a rule honoring deals up to a certain point. If you have a 6 month agreement, I don't think a new guy should have to alter 6 months of planning. However, maybe up to a month or two.

At least a safety net or grace period. If I know I've got Piper coming in for 7 dates over the next month and the guy drops just as its about to happen, I don't want to rebook the entire month I had planned.

If I just have 7 dates on him "somewhere down the line" it's a different prospect, and could see in that case renegotiating.

Bock is such a case where the next month is key. I have things built to a point with him right in the middle of a storyline that will take a month minimum to blow off.

It just so happened that the kid also dropped like the exact moment before Ted and Murdoch were due in. Coincidence I guess, but I hope you see the point.

We also have a case where Japan dates are binding no matter what. Did Baba have to double check with Bill Watts's booker that it was still cool for DiBiase to work the tour? No, it's set in concrete because Bill Watts said it was cool and Ted had an agreement. Why's New York different?

I'm not strong arming on this, I'm just saying something like a dude coming in to work MSG would be highly unlikely to be affected by bookers changing. Dusty is going to stay committed to the New York date no matter what.

My compromise would be a one month grace rule where anything beyond that needs to be renegotiated. It's slightly unrealistic because we know guys like Vince Sr booked like a year in advance, but it's a compromise to accept that this is a game thing and not actually 1983.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone will be such a huge douche as to ruin others' plans, but let's get this set in stone so as to ward off any problems down the line.

One month grace rule should be automatic, with everything after that to players' discretion.

I'm the only one that would love major re-shaking every once in a while. Even if it's yearly. I think it would add a nice wrinkle.

For exmaple there is some wrestlers that will stay in a territory forever, but others won't. I know a lot of deals will be made, but for some guys to be static in a single promotion seems wrong to me.

I won't push for the six months, but I will bring this back up in June.

On a side note, what is everybody's thoughts on gimmick matches and angles being used here from real life. War Games was invented in 87, so if somebody would do one before hand it would feel weird. Probably the first War Games should be in whatever promotion Dusty is in in the summer of 87. It's either weird stuff like that or are we doing complete anarchy? Can Parv run a Royal Rumble in January of 84 for example?

Same thing with angles... is anybody thinking of recreating something or is everybody going to put enough spin on it to make it their own?

On a side note, what is everybody's thoughts on gimmick matches and angles being used here from real life. War Games was invented in 87, so if somebody would do one before hand it would feel weird. Probably the first War Games should be in whatever promotion Dusty is in in the summer of 87. It's either weird stuff like that or are we doing complete anarchy? Can Parv run a Royal Rumble in January of 84 for example?

Same thing with angles... is anybody thinking of recreating something or is everybody going to put enough spin on it to make it their own?

This bothers me a lot less than treating all wrestlers as if they are only names on paper who would do anything and everything the booker told them to.

Just to keep everyone up to speed, I'll announce which 16 guys are going into the draft sometime tonight. However, as it relates to Nick Bockwinkel:

Yes, I'm keeping him.

Yes, Parv can keep using Bockwinkel for the remainder of his original agreement as until I determine if I want to restructure TV (which is possible now that Wrestling at the Chase is in the territory) I'm currently only running Saturdays which does not interfere with the current WWF schedule.

So the way I understood things with taking over Central States, 16 wrestlers are being put into a draft (essentially one person for each remaining booker) while I got to keep those who weren't being released for the draft. With that in mind, the WWA/Central States promotion will be keeping:

Harley Race (when not meeting his commitments as NWA World Champion)
Nick Bockwinkel (Missouri Heavyweight Champion, when not meeting his commitments as WWF Champion)
Bob Orton Jr.
Gary Hart
King Kong Bundy
The Zambuie Express (Central States Tag Team Champions)
Tony Atlas
Don Kernodle
Hercules Hernandez
Keith Larsen
This would make the following available to draft:
Ivan Putski
Dewey Robertson
Brian Adias
'Bulldog' Bob Brown
Buzz Tyler
Armand Hussein
Jerry Brown
Roger Kirby
George Wells
Ron Ritchie
Israel Matia
JR Hogg
Bubba Douglas
Jimmy Doo
Robert Reed
Bruiser Costa

There are a few I'm letting go that I could use, probably over some of the guys I'm keeping, but I already have some plans in place for just about everybody.

Trade/loan deals are always on the table.

Oddly enough when dedhemingway dropped out, I was negotiating with him to use some of these guys on 8/20. Kept a few just to guarantee those plans.

I am seriously debating changing a plan or two for that show based off of this as well

I also want to confirm the name Robert Reed. He was on the original Mid South list that I got, is there another Robert Reed out there that will be drafted? I am having a hard enough time finding out who mine is...

EDIT: I have also somehow lost Chief Jay Strongbow in the move... does anyone have him on his roster or does he belong to Mid South? Sorry for the confusion.