Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out. As evidenced by my lack of shows, I'm really struggling to find time to write anything for this. When it started, I was pretty much settled in one place, since then, I've had to move, picked up more hours at work, and I'm looking towards returning to school. That's along with my social life taking off since moving, which I'm almost always going to pick over staying at home and writing.

I was really hyped to take part in this, and, if things settle down, I might be back, but as it stands, I'm just not able to give it the attention it deserves.

No worries, it sucks because you were a great writer, but it's just a booking exercise. Take care of yourself and stop by when you have more time to check out how it's going.

Unless someone wants Central States, I guess we are in for another draft. WWA gets to absorb the roster? And has to choose 16 wrestlers to give up to go into a draft?

Note that I had an ongoing deal with Central States whereby he got use of Heenan and I get use of Bock.

Since Bock is my champion currently, I wouldn't be very amused if this had a bearing in any way on my plans. Same deal as Mid-South only to the power of ten.

This is one aspect of the process I have literally no time for. It's cool for people to drop out etc., but I'm not having such things affect what I'm doing and if they do, I'm off too. Simple as that. I'm not booking around stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with goings on in the "in-game" world.

I know my limits, which apparently are "able to help source 1983 broadcast TV shows for references that Buddy Rose would probably make in promos after using his cutting edge VCR to record his 'stories' all day."

Though we are back from all the summer vacations as of about 25 minutes ago. Now I just have to catch up on work.

Note that I had an ongoing deal with Central States whereby he got use of Heenan and I get use of Bock.

Since Bock is my champion currently, I wouldn't be very amused if this had a bearing in any way on my plans. Same deal as Mid-South only to the power of ten.

This is one aspect of the process I have literally no time for. It's cool for people to drop out etc., but I'm not having such things affect what I'm doing and if they do, I'm off too. Simple as that. I'm not booking around stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with goings on in the "in-game" world.

It's a risk that happens when you make wrestlers not under your control such an essential part of your plans. But don't worry, I'm sure it will be worked out.

You put yourself in this spot by booking someone that isn't even part of your roster as the champion....

I'm all for working with other promotions but damn I would never put titles on non-contracted talent.

Instead of threatening to drop out, just contact that person taking over the territory and be cool. You can't claim you are one of the rare birds who is in this thing for the long haul and then turn around and claim you are going to drop out the minute you may be faced with adversity. Almost everybody I have had deals with here has been accommodating. With that said, with people dropping out, now would probably be the time to start making a contingency plan of using your own talent to make your promotion flourish.

The way I read it Central States is being dissolved and handed over to WWA?

Look I'm sorry, but my plans being affected because essentially someone is too busy too take part is not something I can run with. if I make a deal with a promotion I expect that to be binding not dropped the second something happens to affect it, that's just pretty unrealistic if nothing else. Imagine I signed a contract with CS, what's Bob Giegel dropping dead got to do with it? Whoever takes over has to honour the contract.

I'm not really cool with this "oh it's a risk contingency" deal. It's only been four weeks, how can you even plan a month of booking if you create a world that unstable? BS, and I'm out if that's the way it is running.

Central States is being absorbed. My point is that before you threaten to quit, contact Jhawk and work something out. I have known him for over a decade. He's a really nice guy.

If somebody is being a real dick to you and your booking, if it deals with an NWA affiliated title, that is an NWA issue and could be solved through people who A) happen to be mods here (Me, Grimmas, Kris) or B} through the fun NWA Board of Directors who would probably agree with you if you laid out a solid argument on why you need certain talent.

In other words, try sweetness first instead of sour.

It's just a principle for me, not what happens in the end result. If you make a deal with a promotion I don't see why it needs to be renogtiated if the booker changes.

Put it this way, imagine Bill Watts makes a deal with Vince Sr to bring in Andre for a month, DiBiase going up to New York for the same month. Buck Robley is Watts's booker. Watts fires him. Is the deal off or is it still happening? I don't really see Watts even bothering to ring Vince Sr up, if they shook on it, it's happening. That's the way those guys were. Bookers come and go, but promises are kept.

That's really where I am with this. I know fully well that whoever takes over is probably going to be cool but I don't even like the theoretical possibllity of deals being broken just because the booker changed. Think it is plain wrong as a basic position.

I agree with that in principle but maybe we need to come up with a new rule in the Game Station where we build a rule honoring deals up to a certain point. If you have a 6 month agreement, I don't think a new guy should have to alter 6 months of planning. However, maybe up to a month or two.

The way I read it Central States is being dissolved and handed over to WWA?

Look I'm sorry, but my plans being affected because essentially someone is too busy too take part is not something I can run with. if I make a deal with a promotion I expect that to be binding not dropped the second something happens to affect it, that's just pretty unrealistic if nothing else. Imagine I signed a contract with CS, what's Bob Giegel dropping dead got to do with it? Whoever takes over has to honour the contract.

I'm not really cool with this "oh it's a risk contingency" deal. It's only been four weeks, how can you even plan a month of booking if you create a world that unstable? BS, and I'm out if that's the way it is running.

It is just part of the game and something that happens. I can't imagine you had all your plans built around Bock for the foreseeable? It'll be as inconvenient for Jhawk to have to pick up 10 new guys and have to book them in and not have them sitting around. He'll probably welcome the fact certain guys are out on loan so he doesn't have to bring them all in instantly.

It literally hasn't been a problem so these hypothetical arguments are needless.

If anyone absorbed a territory and decided to mess with other's plans, I'm sure they'd be ostracized from getting future talent exchanges going.

Just wait until JHawk finalizes his combined roster and make the necessary steps to confirm your pre-exisiting deal.