Pro Wrestling Only

Post-Summerslam Raw & Smackdown

FMKK

Too bad his career has been less like that promo and more like him in a chicken suit for a KFC ad. I hope this is a turning of the page for him, but let's not act like he was doing much of anything before Maryse came back.

Your mileage may vary on whether or not it was significant, but Miz & Mizdow clicked. It wasn't high card stuff, but the two of them got it over very well.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

genuinely surprised WWE kept the section at the end where he's looking at the camera. That's one of the dumbest internal rules WWE has. I think it's just b/c Vince & Dunn love to separate themselves from old school pro wrestling tropes, but man when guys can look in the camera and give an impassioned speech it just really works and I wish they weren't so obsessed with forcing guys to look away.

Man.... I loved that promo. It was fantastic! So, hopefully they will ride this momentum out and stick with him. I think they will feed Shane to Brock, and Brock will demolish him. I don't think he will get a bunch of offense in. I hope that leads to some type of storyline where they call someone up like Nakamura to take on the beast. I also like the idea mentioned above where Joe comes in to get Bryan's back vs. The Miz, but would be cool if Bryan called Joe up to take on Lesnar after he kills Shane...

Btw, making the rounds today that Rock is working his own angle to set up a .match with Vin Diesel at Wrestlemania next year to promote the next Fast and the Furious movie. If true and the way WWE crowds are today I could see them turning on that pretty quickly

Holy shit, can we recreate The Giant-Hogan match from Halloween Havoc 95?

I don't believe that story about The Rock AT ALL. I think he is way too smart to do something like that and alienate his fans from wrestling. I think he just SHOOT~! doesn't like Vin Diesel instead of it being some elaborate work to come up with a WrestleMania angle.

The best/worst thing about the Bryan and Miz thing was when Bryan was like "I was more impressed with Apollo Crews than you at Summerslam" and Miz was just dumbfounded. "He LOST!!"

And he was right, Crews lost clean as a sheet in the ring, no cheating, no shortcuts, no bullshit. Miz won. And it's not even like Crews put in some massive "going down swinging" losing effort either. He just lost. There's no kayfabe justification there. Nor is there even any meta justification! Crews isn't a super worker, nor does he work the kind of hard-hitting, high-risk wrestling martyr style that Bryan was championing. So when it comes down to it, Bryan was basically saying...

"CREWS HAS MOAR FLIPZ!!!11!~!!"

He was sub-Youtube commenter in that moment and it was brutal.

Meltz says the original plan was for Balor to wrestle Owens at Clash of Champions and then build to a 3 way match with Jericho for Hell in a Cell in October.

again the original plan for title was Reigns v Rollins. They could go back to that or have Owens win and then do Reigns v Owens v Jericho instead with Roman replacing Balor

One could argue that Bryan isn't exactly impartial when it comes to Miz, given their history together when Bryan was a rookie in the original NXT.

I love how everyone thinks they hate each other. They never have. It's a work. Bryan goes out of his way to praise Miz in his book.

hi Stephy ! still on TV all the time castrating people ?)...

And here we are with what the real deal as far as the Stephanie hate is really all about at its core. I read terms like "castrating" and "emasculating" along with "She doesn't get her cumupamce physically!" It's really just rampant mysoginist bullshit. Dudes hating that a GIRL is powerful. Fucking weirdos.

Oh and that's why she plays her character that way, to work the smarks.

Yeah, Johnny's out to lunch here. No one hates Steph because she's a woman boss, but for how nearly every segment she's in turns into her talking to guys like they are misbehaving children. Women too, since she decided to co opt what was an organic movement in NXT to another corporate branding exercise that she can play Den Mother to.