Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest Royal Rumble?

Flyin' Brian

It's a fucking shame that he felt he had to post that. Some assholes yell at him online that he's a "hypocrite " in this situation.

If you truly support LGBT, you don't go and perform in Saudi Arabia in front of the Royal Family who's idea of gay rights is "immorality, perversion and whiplashes". Or you do make a statement of sorts if you got the iron balls to do it. What message it sends to the LGBT in SA, really is : "Hey, I'm really supporting you, but I had to put smiles in the faces of people who consider you as sub-human beings and don't recognize your right to even exist.". It's better to say nothing at all really. I know it's probably not his reponsability anyway, but then again, you're not a robot either.

As far as Zayn, I would have been shocked to see him.

So today's WO update mentions Zayn was kept off the show because WWE is big on respecing local cultures and customs. Which one would imagine mean not using a guy who's been pretty vocal raising funds to help people underneath the bombs probably being paid for by the Saudis.

I don't normally say this, but FUCK THE WWE.

Of course Fuck the WWE.

wwe were morally abhorrent for even doing this full stop but that just me who thinks that deep dow i think Vince agrees with alot of the Saudis views like alot of Social conservatives and alike

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock won as I thought he would. I can't wait until he breaks Punk's modern day record (you know they'll spin it like that).. which I believe will be in Chicago.

Randy Orton got the biggest pop at this Saudi show right? Is he the biggest example of a guy who got pushed the most with nothing to really show for it? I loved Randy circa 2003-2004. How is he so over to this day?

Bobby Lashley is still the most overrated returning 'superstar' of all time. He had that rocket up his ass back in the day and nobody fucking cared. Him being just a guy since he has come back is not surprising to me.

Bobby Lashley is still the most overrated returning 'superstar' of all time. He had that rocket up his ass back in the day and nobody fucking cared. Him being just a guy since he has come back is not surprising to me.

I sure as hell don't care about Lashley and never did. He's already "just another guy." He barely made a dent in the GRR. Everyone seems to think Brock vs. Lashley is inevitable for SummerSlam and/or Lashley is the one who will take the title off Brock. Maybe it'll happen, but nothing so far seems to indicate that.

Finn just addressed the absence of the rainbow gear

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/990090953426845696

I was one of his critics in this thread.

But to be fair, it wasn't Finn's choice. Putting aside WWE's involvement in that, Finn simply getting his bags searched at the airport and having his "sinful" LGBTQ rainbow gear discovered would have been enough of an issue for him legally.

True, he could have refused to do the show, but that would've only torpedoed his career and it would've done nothing to change The Ass-Backward Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (This is how I'll be referring to Saudi Arabia from now on.)

I feel worse for Sami Zayn. His absence (along with the women) is tantamount to open discrimination.

Sure, as someone else pointed out, he probably didn't want to be there anyway. But I have to imagine it still pissed him off that he was probably told he couldn't go. There's a difference between not wanting to go and being told you can't go.

WWE is an American company. The American government has no issue working with Saudi Arabia. Despite of various short comings and them likely funding 9/11. If their (I realize not everyone here is American) have no issue, why would WWE?

im sorry the so-called secular us should not be allied ro theocracy im anti-theocracy

WWE is an American company. The American government has no issue working with Saudi Arabia. Despite of various short comings and them likely funding 9/11. If their (I realize not everyone here is American) have no issue, why would WWE?

I was kind of ok, but not thrilled about the show before hand. Once the show started and the Saudi propaganda night happened, I'm pretty much done with following WWE closely (outside of NXT).

I was kind of ok, but not thrilled about the show before hand. Once the show started and the Saudi propaganda night happened, I'm pretty much done with following WWE closely (outside of NXT).

i fully agree with you here i despise the Saudi regime and there Posionness Ideology Sailfhed Islam is the poison well that gave birth ot all modern middle eastern terrorist Groups and most African that are not hamas or the army of god

It's kind of different. The government sometimes has to do shitty things because they have to. The WWE didn't have to.

It's kind of different. The government sometimes has to do shitty things because they have to. The WWE didn't have to.

I already was done with WWE when Vince donated six million to a billionaire as former talent does Gofundme's for surgeries. I try not to support the company directly if it does not benefit a talent somehow. LIke I will get a Braun shirt, because I know it will get some money to him. Just as an example.

That they help a shitty government is not a surprise.

and they certainly didn't have to praise how progressive and awesome Sadi Arabia is all night and air their propaganda videos.

Jeddah is a progressive city is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard on WWE tv.

im sorry the so-called secular us should not be allied ro theocracy im anti-theocracy

I don't agree with it. But that is the reality of the situation.

Fuck, America conducts much of its foreign policy at the behest of Saudi Arabia. If you're an America, billions of dollars of your tax money are going toward military operations and funding that serves no legitimate American interest, because Saudi Arabia desires it. And several hundred thousands of Middle Easterners in places like Yemen and Syria are murdered in the process. So all in all, I think WWE putting on a wrestling show there shouldn't produce too much outrage in comparison.

I was not following that closely (only really watching the PPV's and bits and pieces of RAW or SD depending on the week, but never an entire weekly show anyway), but last night's show really left a sour taste in my mouth. Last time I gave them money was in the previous millenium anyway, but to me, as I'm only interested in watching their really good matches (the booking itself is rotten and the format is unwatchable to me), I may actually be done for a while once again. There's more pro-wrestling out there that an entire lifetime wouldn't be enough. This whole show just felt really dirty to me (not to mention it was a pretty awful show to boot), there's a feeling I'm not yet able to shake off... (well, of course, the McMahons being Trump supporters should be enough to not give them a cent or a minute of my life anyway to be honest)

re: Finn: I don't know. If you're going to take a stand, stand up for what you believe in, even when it's hard. He got a ton of deserved credit for what he did at Mania. I don't know if the guy gets to keep it if he just rolls over the second it's no longer convenient and when it might actually cost him something. It's easy to be inclusive when there's no cost involved.

A source told us that Vince McMahon was almost in tears because he was laughing so hard and he made the call for the production team to show the replay several times. In the past, especially if the botch was by a top talent, they would avoid it and move on as if nothing happened but McMahon could not resist this time.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vince-mcmahons-reaction-to-titus-oneils-epic-botch-at-the-greatest-royal-rumble

Fuck, America conducts much of its foreign policy at the behest of Saudi Arabia. If you're an America, billions of dollars of your tax money are going toward military operations and funding that serves no legitimate American interest, because Saudi Arabia desires it. And several hundred thousands of Middle Easterners in places like Yemen and Syria are murdered in the process. So all in all, I think WWE putting on a wrestling show there shouldn't produce too much outrage in comparison.
Or you can see both things as being repellant and worthy of outrage. This doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

A source told us that Vince McMahon was almost in tears because he was laughing so hard and he made the call for the production team to show the replay several times. In the past, especially if the botch was by a top talent, they would avoid it and move on as if nothing happened but McMahon could not resist this time.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vince-mcmahons-reaction-to-titus-oneils-epic-botch-at-the-greatest-royal-rumble

It's only been a couple of years or so since McMahon had to be talked down from firing Titus after their "altercation" at the end of Raw, so this shouldn't surprise anybody.

I don't blame Finn, Whether he wanted to or not it's not like the company would have ever OKed him wearing it.

You start on that path and you can start blaming every single wrestler on the roster for working the show at all. And I don't think you can.

Not every wrestler made himself a symbol. The Moolah stuff was comparable. What really rankled wasnt necessarily the company lionizing her as much as them having all of the current talent, who tend to stand for something very much the opposite, do it.

It reminded me of way back in NXT where Titus ate shit on the obstacle course. He's such a Gumbi.

I don't blame Finn, Whether he wanted to or not it's not like the company would have ever OKed him wearing it.

You start on that path and you can start blaming every single wrestler on the roster for working the show at all. And I don't think you can.

Not every wrestler made himself a symbol. The Moolah stuff was comparable. What really rankled wasnt necessarily the company lionizing her as much as them having all of the current talent, who tend to stand for something very much the opposite, do it.

But again, do you blame the girls for that, or do you blame the company for making them do it?

Like, honestly I think regardless of what those individual women know or think about Moolah, those interviews are happening either way. They don't get to have opinions when they go against WWE. Same deal here. Any of those guys from Sami on down can have their own thoughts about Saudi Arabia and the political issues, and I'm sure they do. None of those opinions are ever going to make it to air or in public on the record. We get propaganda videos. We get company line.

But again, do you blame the girls for that, or do you blame the company for making them do it?

Like, honestly I think regardless of what those individual women know or think about Moolah, those interviews are happening either way. They don't get to have opinions when they go against WWE. Same deal here. Any of those guys from Sami on down can have their own thoughts about Saudi Arabia and the political issues, and I'm sure they do. None of those opinions are ever going to make it to air or in public on the record. We get propaganda videos. We get company line.

I certainly blame Bayley or Sasha more than I do a Liv Morgan, because the former represent something and have sort of made their career as doing as such and influence a relatively young fanbase as such. They also probably have a little more stroke. At some point you have to decide what you stand for and what you want to want to promote and to have your voice used to validate. I do too. You do too. We just have a lot less of a reach. No one HAS to be a hero, but you can't be one on day A and not on day B (especially when day B is undeniably harder) without it affecting your reputation and legacy. You can't have it both ways. That's not how life works.