Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

I find it a tad ironic though that TK bragged about AEW being a "family-first company" in his reasoning as to why he let Regal out of his contract but then says later that he wouldn't be so accomodating for everyone in the future. What's that even supposed to mean? Are you a family-first company or you are not?

Bragged? Seek help truly.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MLB said:

So evidently, part of the terms of Regal's release from AEW is that Regal is prohibited from appearing on-camera on WWE programming.  My question is: why would TK insist on this clause? It's not like they're gonna job out a retired wrestler/manager to make AEW look inferior. Does TK believe Regal might shoot? Or they'd do a BCC spinoff faction with him? Worried they'd pair him up with his son? I don't get it, why does TK care? 

WWE had the same non-compete with Renee Young. 

Like what planet?

6 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I find it a tad ironic though that TK bragged about AEW being a "family-first company" in his reasoning as to why he let Regal out of his contract but then says later that he wouldn't be so accomodating for everyone in the future. What's that even supposed to mean? Are you a family-first company or you are not?

Because he does take in account some personal situations like Regal's, that doesn't mean he just gonna release everybody because they want to work for the opposition if a family member works there. I mean, come on now, let's be serious. 

I like Miro, but I don't think he did himself any favors throwing shade at creative in AEW on social media. I recall one tweet with Miro asking why Mance Warner(!?) got a televised world title match while he sits at home. Valid point, but he probably has ruffled some feathers with management/TK. Another tweet with a selfie reading, "Remember Me?" The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease.

Another problem for Miro is he hasn't found a stable/faction, which seems like a prerequisite for a push in AEW. 

How would you guys book Miro? Where does he fit? In hindsight, he was better off going to NJ. 

Beat OC for the All-Atlantic title and then beat up fools every week on one of their shows. They have plenty of veterans and good hands who can be used for that, in both promotions owned by TK. Also book him in fun hoss battles and champ v. champ matches - both Joe and Wardlow will probably have titles by the time he returns, the big lads boys can then fight. Eventually put over Ricky Starks or Powerhouse Hobbs to help elevate them into a permanent upper card fixture. 

I really liked the redeemer TNT title run and was so bummed when Sammy ended it. It felt like there was a lot of meat left on the bone. It is hard to book a monster, but I'd probably just try to spark the redeemer thing back up and just have him play in between for a while. The company has a lot more ready-to-beat lower card heels that could truck to get momentum and get people drummin' up dream matches.  Maybe have him start with a jobber on a few Rampages in a row. Then have him move up to someone the factory. Then maybe the firm. You could sprinkle in a wrecking of Matt Hardy so he doesn't get too Face-y (even if that is a face move to me). A hoss fight with W. Morrisey could a fun chapter break for him before moving to stiffer competition. Just spitballing, but that feels like it would give you 2-3 months of short, fun matches, promos, and segments and you can see where the landscape is after that depending on what their other long term plans are. It isn't like they are maximizing Rampage minutes right now anyway. He could come out of that ready brew something up with Hobbs, Wardlow, Cassidy, Pac, Starks, Jungle Boy, Kingston... there is no shortage.

Maybe that is just me though. I liked the idea of him being a crazy religious zealot who's only motivation was just murking people in the name of God. I think you could run it back and hold off on him going after a title a bit longer this time. This gives him motivations for pursuing matches that are not title oriented, at least for a while. Him accusing Kingston of "sloth" and running that back could be great, for example. Their match was great and I certainly want to see more of that. Eventually, if the run goes well, have him set his eyes on the world title or the TNT title.

These booking plans made me consider AEW having a Hoss division/title. I know the promotion is overloaded with titles right now, but they've got a lot of bigger guys looking for direction and many of the matches suggested are appealing with a mix of Joe, Wardlow, Hobbs, Miro, W. Morrissey, a returning Lance Archer, Swagger. JR would love it.

They actually have too many hoss right now. W. Morrissey is so not needed for what he can bring to the table (which is better that what he ever could, but really now, when I saw him chokeslam poor Jungle Boy on the apron, I was thinking hell, poor Jungle Boy is running in circles now, hopefully he doesn't get settled with a Luchasaurus Minus).

Complaining about your push on social media has done no favor to anyone in AEW before. Brian Cage literally vanished after his wife made that tweet about how he was underutilized. There is so much that could be done with Miro, but I'm fearing this is one guy who will end up Andrading himself eventually. Hopefully not.

BTW, talking about the anti-indies anti-Japan stuff made me think about Dan Lambert and all. Whatever happened with Paige Van Zant ? She was signed, right ? Is she still training ? Her first match sure was a misstep (akin to the Anthony Agogo match with Cody), but when she was standing next to Dan and talking shit to Jericho she looked like she had some star potential. It's probably better not to rush her back before she's ready (we begin to see how Cargill is plateauing and how her streak is going nowhere now, while her matches don't get better and are losing their appeal), but I wonder if she's still under contract at all.

13 minutes ago, El-P said:

BTW, talking about the anti-indies anti-Japan stuff made me think about Dan Lambert and all. Whatever happened with Paige Van Zant ? She was signed, right ? Is she still training ? Her first match sure was a misstep (akin to the Anthony Agogo match with Cody), but when she was standing next to Dan and talking shit to Jericho she looked like she had some star potential. It's probably better not to rush her back before she's ready (we begin to see how Cargill is plateauing and how her streak is going nowhere now, while her matches don't get better and are losing their appeal), but I wonder if she's still under contract at all.

Gangrel said a while back that she didn't train for the match as much as he would have liked. He also said that after the match, she expressed interest in going over it to critique her performance but never followed up. She's apparently making serious bank on OnlyFans, so I don't necessarily blame her.

12 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

She's apparently making serious bank on OnlyFans, so I don't necessarily blame her.

I mean, instead of fighting or even wrestling, which is probably even worst in term of hurting your body, sure can't blame her if she doesn't come back at all. But I was under the impression she actually had signed a contract. It's been a while though now, seems like another world altogether. 

Paige did get the official "is All Elite" graphic, so she was signed.

After her Double or Nothing debut at the end of May, she was scheduled to have another fight in Bare Knuckle FC in August, so she went in to training for that, but then the fight got postponed to mid-October and ended up cancelled the week prior. Last month she said in an Instagram Q&A that she would "absolutely" be back in AEW but she didn't have any news as to when. 

Hopefully soon, I thought she showed good potential and her theme music was awesome. 

It is entirely subjective and perhaps taboo to say on this forum, but....AEW has waayy hotter women than WWE by a mile (Paige, Saraya, Jane, Anna, Penelope, Britt, Julia, Tay :wub:).

Outside of Scarlett, I don't think WWE has any kind of pin-up appeal on their main roster. 

16 hours ago, El-P said:

I mean, instead of fighting or even wrestling, which is probably even worst in term of hurting your body, sure can't blame her if she doesn't come back at all. But I was under the impression she actually had signed a contract. It's been a while though now, seems like another world altogether. 

She's fighting in February, and was due to be fighting Sigala earlier this year but it got pulled. Back to back fight camps, so probably no bumps for a while

If we're fantasy booking Miro, I would bring him back to TV with him being pissed off that he's been gone so long. Or could say that he's been away studying his God or "The Pagans" or whatever. Just have him attack someone backstage or in the ring & work over their back. Stretcher job after he won't break The Camel Clutch (I don't remember what he calls it). Just make him a heel that breaks backs, Iron Sheik style. He's The Redeemer, he's coming for the gold & he's going to prove that he's worthy. He has to get into the good graces of his god or whatever. Like Conan trying to appease Krom.

Anything that Samoa Joe has done lately, Miro could have done. Anything that Wardlow has done lately, Miro could have done. There's no reason he can't be the midcard heel that babyfaces have to topple to move up in the AEW ranks. There's no reason that Miro can't be credible enough to beat literally anyone on the roster. No one would bat an eye if Miro beat a Kenny Omega, Adam Page, MJF, Jon Moxley, Chris Jericho or Bryan Danielson. The fact he's not up & running with those guys already is crazy.

Also because I'm a mark for wrestling history & was a Nikita Koloff mark, I would give Miro a chain. The Hell in a Cell spot when Miro was in WWE as Rusev & put Roman Reigns in the Camel Clutch with the chain in his mouth was fantastic. 

spacer.png

I also don't think there's anything wrong with showing pre-taped promos. The shit Miro was doing before, on his Instagram & whatnot, that was good enough to be on Dynamite. Show that shit on TV! He doesn't have to do a live, in-ring promo... just show those videos. Lucha Underground was awesome & none of that shit was live. Then even if they "don't have anything for Miro this week" they could run one of those so he still gets on the show & stays fresh in the minds of the fans.

I also wouldn't be opposed to bringing Lana in as his valet again. When he was basically playing Drago in WWE with Lana as Brigitte Nielson's Ludmilla character, Lana was great. I feel like the bloom fell off the rose when she started wrestling & they stuck her with Dolph Ziggler... all of that shit.

Miro was my favorite wrestler in the world for awhile. I was beyond hype when he came to AEW. Then it started with that Best Man shit & I was like "what the hell are they doing?" I thought they had stumbled into something great with The Redeemer & then he's just gone... doesn't make any sense. Who cares what people say on Social Media? The Young Bucks say cutesy insider stuff all the time & they're supposed to be EVPs. I'm supposed to believe Miro can't break their backs & make them humble, old country style?

First thing I would do is have Miro come back & take out the Best Friends. Then beat Orange Cassidy for the All-Atlantic title. I know Tony Khan loves Orange Cassidy - he even dressed up as him for Halloween - but that character doesn't need a title. I would then have Miro go into a feud with Samoa Joe & win the TNT title too - maybe after Joe accidentally hits the post or something. Or could have the debut of CJ Perry to trip him or something. Allow Miro to hit him with the chain behind the referee's back. Then you have double champion midcard monster Miro with a valet & a chain that someone like Jungle Boy has to try to get through. 

I don't think anybody has a chain gimmick atm, it could work for Miro. There is a long history of chains looking badass in wrestling: Brody, JYD, Rampage Jackson, Hercules Hernandez, Rukkus, The Pitbulls, Nikita, Cena's "chain gang" necklace, HHH/Steiner in chain mail.

Seems safe to say by now that TK is not interested in Lana/CJ Perry.    

So it's looking like Sasha has verbally agreed to do some dates with New Japan, and not just whatever she's going to do at the Tokyo Dome. Dave pointed out that if WWE balked at the money she was asking, there's no way NJPW could afford it unless AEW was somehow financing it. That ends up creating a situation where everyone is going to expect her to be Saraya's mystery partner and cause a massive letdown if it's anyone else. He also pointed out they seem to be doing the same thing they did when Punk came in where they go "well we're NOT not saying it's him" and you totally are supposed to know it is.

Miro not doing shit is certainly a bummer. Should have had some bangers with WARDLOW and Ricky Starks by now. Shit, even Rusev Day managed to get fed more by WWE booking, imagine that.

He had a brief, brief stint which he was possibly THE best act in the company with his TNT Title run, and how long ago was that? It's honestly my biggest gripe with AEW.