Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That clip of Dave talking about the AJPW Google Drive folder is hilarious. But also, now it appears most of the collection is gone. :(

Correction -- all gone. Really odd. Clicked on 1981 & 82 and saw a ton of files, went back and now its all empty.

I'm still seeing everything. Maybe it's frequency capped?

This must be it, everything's still showing for me.

Indeed looks to be the case. Crisis averted!

Is this ditch's list?

That clip of Dave talking about the AJPW Google Drive folder is hilarious. But also, now it appears most of the collection is gone. :(

Correction -- all gone. Really odd. Clicked on 1981 & 82 and saw a ton of files, went back and now its all empty.

Is this ditch's list?

No.

Kind of off topic but does anyone know what happened to Ditch?

Jdw said in another thread that he has an important job in Washington. Don't know what it is exactly.

always knew barack was a big fan of puro

edit: if it's west coast washington then please ignore this post

Is this ditch's list?

It's the collection of a guy named Drakkhim. He basically set a goal to acquire every available All Japan match and organize it and this was the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Hilarious to me. My twitter feed is people reaction to EVOLVE's title match. Tweet after tweet and in the middle of it is:

Any way to watch a replay of the Cox match ?

0 retweets1 like
Retweet
More

Yes... dave wanted to watch a replay of olympic wrestling.

Is there any evidence that Dave watches any Evolve at all? Doesn't seem like something he's really pimped much at all, above and beyond brief synopses in the Observer. You'd think Gabe would still be sending Dave DVDs to review, like he did in the ROH days.

Right now I don't think there would be any real benefit to sending Dave free DVDs because every thing is much more immediate than in the days when Gabe might send him free RoH DVDs. By the time Dave would get and review a DVD everyone would have moved on. Giving him a free subscription for iPPVs would be the way to go but only if Dave was going to watch in real time or very soon after the show and with EVOLVE doing so many Saturday events you know Dave is going to watch UFC over them.

Am I mistaken or did I hear Bryan on last night's audio say Dave is going to miss the main events of Takeover to watch the UFC undercard?

My subscription only began two years ago but it really seems more and more to me that Dave would really rather talk about MMA and to a lesser extent NJPW.

Welcome to Dave in the last 3 or 4 years. Actually it seems like nobody that works there wants to watch current wrestling unless something really goofy happened like the Final Deletion

Listening to Lance Storm talking about the CWC a week or so ago and man if everyone nitpicked matches like Lance did this business would have died 15 years ago. I mean you see Jack Gallagher and all you think is that he looks like the 3rd Vaudevillian? <_>

Dave's been covering MMA for 23 years. We're surprised that he's going to watch the biggest fight of the year live, and the NXT show on delay?

the undercard though?

It's called the Wrestling Observer.

...and Dave has repeatedly said a healthy chunk of his subscriber base only keeps their subscription to the Observer for the MMA stuff. Plus, like Jimmy said, Dave actually gets press passes and such for MMA events. It's not like he didn't watch the two main events for Takeover - he just watched them after UFC.

How is this news? Dave has been prioritising MMA over wrestling events for years. He gets press passes for one, not the other, sport needs live coverage more than entertainment, and he gets way more interest in UFC stuff than wrestling. MMA IS his priority and has been for years.

Yea I have no idea why people are still bitching about this. Like do you REALLY need Dave Meltzer's immediate thoughts on NXT Takeover? There's only a couple thousand other people talking about it as it happens on twitter.

How is this news? Dave has been prioritising MMA over wrestling events for years. He gets press passes for one, not the other, sport needs live coverage more than entertainment, and he gets way more interest in UFC stuff than wrestling. MMA IS his priority and has been for years.

He actually also gets press passes for WWE though he rarely uses them. His main argument (which I think is bullshit) for that is that for wrestling reporting being there live has no benefit. Last year at Wrestlemania he only attended as he could watch the show in a skybox and have access to the commentary.