Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

He's supposedly a park ranger now and got out of wrestling voluntarily, which is probably a good move. He didn't have his father's talent and supposedly had a completely different personality (read: he was actually normal), so it's good he moved on.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

On Legends of WrestleMania on the network, he broke down crying talking about Reid when Cole asked about his family being there for the Michaels match. Super uncomfortable to watch and really, really bad ad-libbing on Cole's part.

Beyond the obvious, an all around rough Flair event to watch. He seemed sober, which actually just made him seem deeply, deeply sad. Also (Unintentionally, I Hope?) took a pretty nasty swipe at Foley with "You overstayed your welcome." You can see Foley is pretty flummoxed after he says it.

I think Flair mispoke, although he clearly doesn't mind taking shots at people. It was also a little odd that he's still pointing out how weird garbage wrestler's are when he essentially became one the last six years of his career. They should only use him as a talking head for network shows where they can edit out stuff like this.

You would think they'd have learned their lesson after that video game press conference that led to J.R. leaving. I mean you let go of J.R. for essentially not being able to control Flair but keep Flair around and put him in the same situations.

I think Flair was intentionally being a dick to Foley - we've seen that before in past Legends of Wrestling roundtables - and I was really rooting for Mick to snap and put Ric in his place. But my heart did go out to the Nature Boy after he broke down and started crying. :(

It also dawned on me while watching that Mick Foley never got a proper retirement - I realize injuries and circumstances played a part in that - but he deserved a much better send-off. Instead, he's been marginalized for the past several years. The best example I can think of is him being added to some Cena PPV match - one of many in that match - and treated as almost an afterthought.

You would think they'd have learned their lesson after that video game press conference that led to J.R. leaving. I mean you let go of J.R. for essentially not being able to control Flair but keep Flair around and put him in the same situations.

I think JR's inappropriateness during that conference is under-remembered due to how bad Flair was. I don't think Flair was the only one who had a few too many, and I really don't have any sympathy for JR.

I think JR's inappropriateness during that conference is under-remembered due to how bad Flair was. I don't think Flair was the only one who had a few too many, and I really don't have any sympathy for JR.

J.R. claimed he wasn't drinking - he said any word-slurring and the like was because of his Bell's Palsy - and I'm inclined to believe him. After all, he doesn't have a history of inappropriate behavior and public intoxication - Flair does.

Its weird that despite all the dicking around that they've done, both legit and storylines, that JR never got the "untouchable" label that clearly Flair and Lawler have.

I think Flair was intentionally being a dick to Foley - we've seen that before in past Legends of Wrestling roundtables - and I was really rooting for Mick to snap and put Ric in his place. But my heart did go out to the Nature Boy after he broke down and started crying. :(

It also dawned on me while watching that Mick Foley never got a proper retirement - I realize injuries and circumstances played a part in that - but he deserved a much better send-off. Instead, he's been marginalized for the past several years. The best example I can think of is him being added to some Cena PPV match - one of many in that match - and treated as almost an afterthought.

I didn't even get to Flair crying. He was just too much of a dick to Foley and I stopped watching. It's funny. I kind of think that if they let Flair out into the ring as a heel manager and paired him with someone, he'd be fine. I think he'd just channel what comes natural to him and he'd be vibrant and dynamic and probably have the time of his life. As a talking head, he's terrible though.

You know I feel bad for Flair, Though he seems to be morphing into a modern day Fritz Von Erich. Fritz and Ric both have/had kids in the business. They both have lost a child/children to drugs. Fritz would say Mike was the best amateur of the brothers. Ric says Charolette is the best athlete in the Flair family. These statements are quite similar. It's just something to look at.