Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Wrestlemania is wide open right now. They could do Taker vs Sting or Taker vs Bray or Taker vs Brock or Taker in a tag match with Sting to protect him or he could not be on the show at all. Brock could defend against Reigns or Rollins could defend against Reigns or Rollins could defend against Cena or the Shield could have a three way or Rollins might be up against Orton. I sort of slot it all out in my head and then I think "Oops, forgot Cena."

It's wide open but none of the possibilities seem all that great.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only place I've seen a tag match even mentioned is here. None of the news sites have said anything about it so I don't even think that they're considering it. I honestly think that the main event of the pay-per-view should probably be Brock and HHH vs Taker and Sting. As sad as it is, that's the biggest main event they can manage.

I think the main event should be Roman Reigns Vs. John Cena© with The Undertaker retiring, not having a match & being the top billed inductee into the Hall of Fame. The Streak is over, so his 'Mania run should be too. It's all he had left.

That's my line-of-thinking anyway. At this point, everything feels like fantasy booking as we really won't have a good idea of where they're going until the Rumble is over.

The Undertaker is cool. His matches were cool. His Streak was cool. Now he's old, broken down, his matches aren't real fun (for me) to watch anymore & the Streak is over. So what's the point? Buys will be the same regardless of if he's on the card or not, in my opinion.

Putting Neville under a mask or giving him a literal 'Mighty Mouse' gimmick would be awful......but I think a Demitrious Johnson 'Mighty Mouse' gimmick would work. Portray him as this awesome power packed little wrestler who's always fighting from underneath but is so skilled P4P wise that he can hang in the land of the giants. I think that's a perfect way to use him actually, he'll get sympathy as an underdog babyface who's crisp great looking offense will win over crowds immediately.

But then, this is WWE, I don't have faith in them to book him and protect him in the right ways, and he could very much end up like an Evan Bourne who got lost in the shuffle as soon as he was moved from ECW to RAW, or like any of the dozens of aimless midcarders who pinball between decent and downright horrible booking from week to week

On one of the recent F4W shows Alvarez said the idea was more of a Crash Holly gimmick than a "let's put him in a Mouse costume!" idea......which sounds better, but not by a lot. Crash Holly was a comedy gimmick that worked in the Attitude era and worked in the hardcore division....that's not gonna work in 2015 WWE, and it's not the right way to use Neville

Everyone comes to a crossroads in their life and I’ve come to mine. I look forward to telling you all about it tonight on #Raw.

That's from D-Bry's twitter for the record

The pessimist in me is thinking they may try pulling a Michaels'esque fake "I don't think I can do this anymore" angle (see the stuff with Jericho in 2008) as a result of his injury and recovery. I'm hopeful it's a return at the Rumble regardless, the main event picture outside of Brock and Cena has been timid for months, there's so few actual "superstars" at the moment (with the exception of Orton, who was out for a while too). I mean, Rollins has been good, but it's a slow burner with him, Reigns is still meh in my eyes, and they've been start/stop with Ambrose.

Remember when Sheamus was tipped to be "the guy"?

Can't see it being retirement, as others on the 'net are speculating, because who "looks forward" to an early forced retirement?

My guess is he's entering the Rumble, but if so, how fucking dumb to blow their load by announcing that now. Imagine what an awesome surprise that would be. The entire arena would become unglued.

Guess we'll find out in a few hours...

Can't see it being retirement, as others on the 'net are speculating, because who "looks forward" to an early forced retirement?

My guess is he's entering the Rumble, but if so, how fucking dumb to blow their load by announcing that now. Imagine what an awesome surprise that would be. The entire arena would become unglued.

I don't think they are dumb at all. Gives WWE some momentum going into 2015, incentives to buy the network, setting up potential feuds and angles...

Not dumb at all. They can't get buys/subscriptions on surprises. Bryan is a star and they really need stars right now.

Yeah, the perfect scenario would be the bunny as #30 starting to do very familiar-looking moves while Stephanie figures it out and comes out on the house mic screaming at everyone still in the match to "Get the bunny!" in her best heel voice. But with The Authority storyline being blown off and Bryan being a little too visible on TV while injured, it wouldn't have the same effect anyway.

I was definitely going to skip RAW tonight, as I typically do for most RAWs, but now I'm sitting in front of the TV, counting down the minutes, guaranteed to watch the opening segment. If anything, I'd say the WWE should've held off on the announcement for one week (and built up to it this week with music videos and hype) and maybe had a WWE writer edit his Tweet to be a more cryptic. His use of the word "excited" seems to point to him not retiring...but if he does announce his retirement, it would be an, at best, odd word choice (and, at worse, kind of infuriating and "trollish").

So originally I was sure that we were getting some very disappointing news about Bryan because you wouldn't run a presumably hot angle on a holiday week Raw. But if they're opening with a package recapping Edge's retirement due to injury, I can't imagine letting that overshadow Bryan. Not that my guess is worth a damn, but I'm at least optimistic now.