Pro Wrestling Only

Most boring wrestler of all time?

Mr. Lacelle

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc and Gordy have three or four great matches as a team, and about 20 mind numbing ones. I asked earlier if the people who disagree with me have seen anything outside the Steiners match and some of the high end All Japan, but haven't heard a response yet.

Forgot about that, and yes, I went back to revisit other matches and you're right they are quite tiresome on the whole.

Doc and Gordy have three or four great matches as a team, and about 20 mind numbing ones. I asked earlier if the people who disagree with me have seen anything outside the Steiners match and some of the high end All Japan, but haven't heard a response yet.

I always thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn't stand them as a tag team.

I like them more than you but I will fully admit they are not above having a ton of table setting matwork that doesn't lead to a ton of interesting stuff. I do think they can remain fairly interesting in the final stretch being fed into the moves of their opponents or when they start throwing bombs at each other.

Terry Gordy himself is someone that I think would be up there in boring workers for me. No doubt he has had a ton of great matches but even in the Freebirds six mans, he is usually the least interesting person on his team for me.

Kane's problem is that he works to the level of his gimmick and his opponents.

Book him as a supernatural zombie monster who faces giants and monsters and he sucks.

Shed the invulnerable monster shtick and put him in the ring with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in a 3-way feud and he's a completely different wrestler who cuts a fast pace and comes as close to working at the level of his opponents as he can for a giant in his mid-40s.

Summer 2012 to Summer 2013 was easily the best in-ring year of his career and probably the most entertaining he's ever been as a character. He deserves props for how good he was until Team Hell No broke up.

Big John Studd came to my mind first. Terry Taylor too, honestly. The non-Saturn parts of Raven's Flock (Sickboy, Reese, Lodi, Van Hammer, Scotty Riggs). The majority of the crappy stable guys from old WWF in the late 90's -- DOA, Los Boricuas, Mean Street Posse.

Dan Maff too.

I liked Los Boricuas, and really, they were all solid workers at worst (at least Savio, Perez & Castillo). Really missed the opportunity to do something with them. They needed a hot latino valet and more elaborate production. And a push of course.

D.O.A on the other hand sucked dick. When Brian Lee is the workhorse of the bunch by far, you're in deep trouble.

I find it somewhat comforting that Randy Orton has been mentionned a whole lot in this thread. As it's been said, this guy embodies everything I hate about what has become the in-house WWE style. Totally manufactured from A to Z, absolutely soulless, nothing remotely believable (his "Viper" act and maneurisms are the most robotic fake-ass shit I've ever seen). This WWE-bred style is the Autotune of pro-wrestling.

Truth

I started rewatching NWA/WCW with them taking over the TBS slot on Saturday Nights in 1985. I immediately remembered why I don't care for Jimmy Valiant.

He reminds you of Johnny Sorrow?

Both make one think of glass tabletops and the Rock 'n' Roll Express losing their lunch.

Altered for clarity. :)