Pro Wrestling Only

Who is your least favourite person associated with wrestling period?

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, add me as another one who didn't get the point of posting her pictures. is that supposed to make us go "haha look at that HIPSTER with her GLASSES trying to talk wrestling" or what?

anyway, bill demott is pretty high up there for me, even before the recent stuff. the megalomaniac coach who's never accomplished much and sucks at his job is one of my least favorite phenomena in sports, and demott certainly strikes me as wrestling's equivalent to greg schiano or josh mcdaniels. furthermore, that whole style of coaching is gradually dying out even in a league as macho as the NFL, so i'm not exactly optimistic for the future if HHH is still in love with it.

put it to you this way: the most successful NFL team over the past two years has not only a psychologist but a goddamn meditation guru on the team payroll, and their coach strongly encourages his players to go to them with any mental/emotional issues. he also believes that the "building up" part of coaching is much more important than the "breaking down" part which has been traditionally emphasized. i'm not saying this is why his team wins, mind you - i'm saying it's obviously not turning them into soft millenials who can't win!

I have listened to most of Cornette's podcast. To put Alice even in your top 100 if you had such an absurd list is kinda funny. There are far worse people associated with pro wrestling.

For a long time for me it would be HHH, but NXT earns him points with me and his behavior in big matches recently has been spot on. So I'm mellowing on the guy in my old age.

I'm going to have to go with Vince Russo too. But the longer Russo stays out of stuff and the longer Vince McMahon stays, it might change

Colt Cabana.

An obnoxious, not funny, prick, who's gimmick is that he's a lovable, funny, nice guy. He annoys me as a personality, as a "public figure" in wrestling, as a podcast host, et. He's been a dick to so many people I know, and his old act is "above the fray, wrestling ambassador," which in a sense is admirable carny work I guess. But when you are an uncalled for douche to some of the nicest people I have ever known/met through wrestling, you have opinions as terrible as Colt, and you suck as bad as he does as a performer, you have no redeeming qualities. Fuck him.

I dislike Nigel for much the same reasons, and another person who I won't mention so as to not cause needless personal drama on this board.

I've never listened to Cornette's podcast, so I don't know who this Alice is - but posting her pics rates pretty high on the creep-o-meter for me, and I'm not sure what the point of it was, as she's by no means unattractive. Even if she's the worst co-host ever, I can't imagine her even coming close to some of wrestling's bottom feeders.

I'm not too familiar with Colt Cabana either, but boy did he act like a pompous, self-righteous dick to Mick Foley a few months ago.

Mick Foley ‏@realmickfoley Nov 28
I haven't heard the new @CMPunk interview, but it sounds like I need to. Congratulations @ColtCabana for landing the big one!

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana
@realmickfoley its not about landing anything Mick... It's about giving my friend a safe place to talk. I'm not competing with anyone.

https://twitter.com/coltcabana/status/538571108887564289

Really, Colt?!

My pick: Brock Lesnar. I understand the "big star" and "train wreck" appeal he brings to the table, but I just don't care. He's dead weight on the mic, boring to me in the ring ("BROCK WITH HIS 50th GERMAN SUPLEX OF THE MATCH, MAGGLE!"), and his limited dates do more harm than good IMO. I can recognize his good points, but that doesn't mean I have to find him entertaining. I don't. I really hope he does return to UFC after WrestleMania, because I'm sick of him. I was the only one who thought John Cena winning Brock's first match back was the absolute right move to make. It only seems bad in hindsight because Vince later made the ridiculous decision to hand Brock the Streak.

I'll also second Randy Orton. He hasn't excited me since he was a cocky pretty boy rookie. It's a shame he went away from that and embraced this horrible, ill-fitting, "bad ass" Viper role that he's not even close to being tough enough or convincing enough to pull off.

This one is easy it is Vince MaMahon. This clown has ruined wrestling. He destroyed the territories and turned wrestling into a joke.

Wrestling was a joke long before Vince was on the scene. I love the stuff, but realistically, that's true.

I'll nominate Michael Hayes. A good ol' boy racist who thinks he's not, and has probably damaged multiple careers thus.

I stepped away from the JR and Cornette podcasts for a while and in the latter case it was partly because of Alice. I have listened to a few Cornette podcasts lately and she's not nearly as terrible now. She's still pretty bad but she is more restrained and doesn't feel the need to give her two cents on every single matter.

As others have said, Jerry, posting the pictures makes you look really bad, like the videogame dudes that hate women.

My current answer would be whoever runs the WWE Network, because it kind of sucks. I really had great hopes for it as an easy way to watch seasonal wrestling in high quality while on the go (due to work I usually travel a lot). Other than that I don't hate anybody in wrestling anymore because for me a big chunk of the emotional part is gone. I can't get hung up on booking being terrible nowadays because there's always some old shit that I can watch on youtube that I will enjoy.

Before I had a long wrestling lapse my list would have also included Russo, Inoki and Pena as I considered them responsible for ruining the type of wrestling that I loved. Nowadays it does not matter because those styles would have died anyway.

The Colt thing is weird. I know people who have dealt with him multiple times and said he used to be a really nice guy in the past. I guess he's just gotten super cynical from watching all his peers surpass him on the success front.

Could the influence of a notorious malcontent like Punk have anything to do with it?

My pick: Brock Lesnar. I understand the "big star" and "train wreck" appeal he brings to the table, but I just don't care. He's dead weight on the mic, boring to me in the ring ("BROCK WITH HIS 50th GERMAN SUPLEX OF THE MATCH, MAGGLE!"), and his limited dates do more harm than good IMO. I can recognize his good points, but that doesn't mean I have to find him entertaining. I don't. I really hope he does return to UFC after WrestleMania, because I'm sick of him. I was the only one who thought John Cena winning Brock's first match back was the absolute right move to make. It only seems bad in hindsight because Vince later made the ridiculous decision to hand Brock the Streak.

I love that most of the reasons you hate Brock is because of the contract he was given.

The mic stuff is a weird complaint as well, because Heyman does his promos for him. If you don't like him in the ring, that is a different story.

Hating on him for his contract he was offered is silly though.

I love that most of the reasons you hate Brock is because of the contract he was given.

The mic stuff is a weird complaint as well, because Heyman does his promos for him. If you don't like him in the ring, that is a different story.

Hating on him for his contract he was offered is silly though.

I don't hate him for getting a big fat contract and making a fat wad of cash - good for him - but I do hate the effect it has on the overall show and how that affects me as a viewer, which is a totally different thing. Good for Brock, bad for me - and I'm gonna side with myself. ;)

I don't like him in the ring either.

This one is easy it is Vince MaMahon. This clown has ruined wrestling. He destroyed the territories and turned wrestling into a joke.

Wrestling was a joke long before Vince was on the scene. I love the stuff, but realistically, that's true.

I'll nominate Michael Hayes. A good ol' boy racist who thinks he's not, and has probably damaged multiple careers thus.

Wrestling was not a joke to me or alot of other people before McMahon took over the WWF. People in the South loved wrestling , it was part of our lives . . Nobody was dropping their pants on TV and having other adults kiss their ass. or committing their wife to an insane aslyum

Wresting was presented as a sport , not as The WWF/ E is the joke , not pro wrestling.

tbh brock's promos last year were some of the best in WWE. just simple sitdown-interview type stuff you would expect in UFC - he nails that and i wish we'd see more of it.

oh i just remembered who 13-year-old me would have picked for this: konnan in WCW. i bought into the internet myth that he was really a white guy from new jersey, so that made the whole Arriba La Raza thing extra obnoxious to me. in retrospect, it's quite impressive that a promotion like WCW was willing to push that sort of character as a babyface...though he was still complete dogshit and waaaaayyyyy overpushed.

as for somebody else not mentioned, joey styles would be up there for me now as well. leeching off counterculture cred to gain an undeserved rep as a great commentator, then revealing himself to be a far right shill. he hits a lot of the notes for me that cabana does for dylan, apparently.

EDIT: pantherwagner, it's interesting that those are the people you think of considering how often i see that charge levied at the likes of vince & hogan. nostalgia for early-mid 90s wrestling tends to be overlooked - usually you see fans of the territory days or hulkamania or the attitude era doing the complaining there.

Wrestling was not a joke to me or alot of other people before McMahon took over the WWF. People in the South loved wrestling , it was part of our lives . . Nobody was dropping their pants on TV and having other adults kiss their ass. or committing their wife to an insane aslyum

Wresting was presented as a sport , not as The WWF/ E is the joke , not pro wrestling.

Yes, who can forget the serious sporting events featuring Lawler fighting a Frankenstein.

Never met him or watched a match but Konnan sounds like a complete and utter spenk judging from the little I could manage of his podcast. Aside from that there isn't anyone I have a huge dislike for, not even Russo.

Actually, Michael Hayes annoys the fuck out of me, presumably in the same way HBK annoys others. At least Shawn wasn't convinced he was black.

Back when wrestling was presented as a sport.

Anyway, my pick would be Stephanie McMahon. Probably the worst case of nepotism in wrestling history. Her elevation to the position of head writer was directly correlated with a precipitous decline in the quality of the product, and she has single-handedly made Raw virtually unwatchable over the past year and a half.