Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

It’s crazy to me that he sold the family business. I mean, it makes TOTAL sense financially and gets him back to a position of prominence with the executive role. It’s still weird selling your Dad’s business, one that is known on a global scale, but I am sentimental about certain things.

We’ll have to see where things go now, especially with even more eyes on the company. All that old school locker room stuff isn’t going to work (Or at least shouldn’t) within this framework.

Am I reading this right that WWE shareholders are getting 49% but the remaining 51% is going to Endeavor itself rather than to Endeavor shareholders? So as long as Ari Emmanuel remains CEO of Endeavor itself then he effectively has total control of WWE?

Vince gave up control of the WWE and all he's really got for it is effectively a portion of UFC's future dividends?

It's shocking to me that Vince would take this offer

Endeavor is essentially 3 giant talent agencies combined into one conglomerate. The amount of shady shit they've been covering up for celebs for 100 years probably puts the wrestling world to shame. UFC and Dana White are as scummy as ever under them. Remember it was just a few months ago that Dana was caught on camera in public hitting his wife and suffered no consequences, even making jokes about it with TMZ and at pressers afterwards.

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

Endeavor is essentially 3 giant talent agencies combined into one conglomerate. The amount of shady shit they've been covering up for celebs for 100 years probably puts the wrestling world to shame. UFC and Dana White are as scummy as ever under them. Remember it was just a few months ago that Dana was caught on camera in public hitting his wife and suffered no consequences, even making jokes about it with TMZ and at pressers afterwards.

I’m glad it’s not the Saudis

Some interesting tidbits from WOR:

-Vince and Nick Khan signed new contracts not long ago. Vince's has important language in case he's fired (making it almost impossible for him to get canned).

-Dave said all the allegations against Vince have been taken care of, with all the accusers getting paid. "There's nobody else that's gonna come out of the woodwork because that's what the (Board) investigation was all about" was a direct quote from Meltzer.

17 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Dave said all the allegations against Vince have been taken care of, with all the accusers getting paid. "There's nobody else that's gonna come out of the woodwork because that's what the (Board) investigation was all about" was a direct quote from Meltzer.

Until he does it again…

WWE : Vince is only there for the sale, he won't be involved in creative

People : that's right, look at the signs that Vince is actually not in control, Papa Trip is so great and Sami Zayn is the hottest babyface in years 

WWE : beats Sami Zayn in his hometown

People : .... but it makes sense because Cody winning at Mania is actually the story, they have two insanely over babyfaces and Papa Trip is so great and really Vince was only visiting John Cena, no big deal

WWE : beats Cody at Mania

People : ..... but.... but it makes sense because... uh...  the Bloodline storyline is the GOAT and it's gotta be Jey Uso's turn.... plus we trust Papa Trip, he said you gotta let the story play out and Vince is only there for the sale and actually everything is fine and...

WWE : Vince is back in full control

People : ..... but... uh... but...

Cody : 

I will admit, the last two days have been at the same time repulsive and hilarious.