Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bunch of dudes dressed up as old school wrestlers in the front row. WWE made them take off their costumes. That's pretty shitty.

And I guess there were some Daniel Bryan signs confiscated from the crowd, too. I think the more people speak up about it, the more this could be a very thorny Freedom of Speech issue for the company, especially if someone decides to sue.

The WWE isn't the government, so no it can't because that's not how the first amendment works.

– Lana is currently off TV filming the WWE Studios movie Interrogation with Edge. This is why she is not on Smackdown or RAW. She’s expected to be gone for the next few weeks and could miss Wrestlemania. However, if WWE needed to, they could fly Lana to Santa Clara and then fly her back to the set of the film.

Saw this at 411. How stupid are they?

– Lana is currently off TV filming the WWE Studios movie Interrogation with Edge. This is why she is not on Smackdown or RAW. She’s expected to be gone for the next few weeks and could miss Wrestlemania. However, if WWE needed to, they could fly Lana to Santa Clara and then fly her back to the set of the film.

Saw this at 411. How stupid are they?

Dumb as fuck. Well, if she isn't at Mania, wait for the "We want Lana" chants again...

Re: Horsemen signs being confiscated at a WWF event: The Horsemen were never part of WWF. I can completely understand why they might take those away.

If Lana's not part of WrestleMania, they really should have come up with a reason to write her out of the show. Unless the argument she and Rusev had in the trainer's room last week was how they wrote her out, and none of us understood what they were saying.

They did a video on the app (I know, i know) where they tried to ask Rusev about it, he responded in Russian several times until asked if his and Lana's relationship was more than business and he said it was none of our business and walked off. So it looks like they are setting up including their real life romance as part of the story.

I would be genuinely shocked if Lana is not at Mania. I'm guessing they'll fly her in. While Mania itself is not lacking "star power," it has been mentioned many times by many people that the real problem with the show is that the "stars" are all part-timers. Even in the Divas division, AJ Lee seems to be on her way out and the Bellas, who I'd say had a great 2014, are losing steam now. Creatively, they have peaked and, in terms of wrestling ability, after much improvement, they're still not good enough to carry the division. Lana is the right female talent in the right role to be spotlighted moving forward and there's no bigger spotlight than WrestleMania.

Rusev & Lana have been shifting the act a lot lately as Rusev is doing way more talking for himself and they are definitely planting the seeds for something down the road but yeah before that happens they will eventually out them as a real life couple.

Bunch of dudes dressed up as old school wrestlers in the front row. WWE made them take off their costumes. That's pretty shitty.

Yeah, that sucks. Here's a letter one of the guys posted.

CARiHV7U8AA66JS.jpg

"As a life-long fan of your product, I was very excited to attend your show last night (Des Moines 3/16/2015). I had secured 10 tickets in the front row at $100 a ticket. By my math that is $1,000 that we paid the WWE to attend your event. The seats were in the front row. Being a huge fan, I made sure to invite 9 other rabid fans and we all made the decision to pay tribute to our favorite wrestlers and dress like them. Within 10 minutes of the show starting, we were told that our outfits were "too distracting" and to change clothes, or we would be moved. I assure you none of the members of our party were being in any way unruly or belligerent. You can watch the taping and see for yourself. We were merely watching the show. Now, I have heard rumblings in the past of people being booted from their seats for costumes, but I always sided with the WWE and assumed that those fans HAD to have done something else to lose their seats, and WWE wouldn't boot people for simply dressing up. Now I know that they indeed will do that, regardless of how respectful you are. This seems to contradict your "Be a Star" promotions (which ironically enough was running on the screen as we were being scolded by WWE producers) that seem to encourage fanaticism.I guess at the end of the day, all I am looking for is an explanation as to why you would boot fans who spend the time, energy, and money on advocating your product. Seems like just the kind of people you would want in your corner.

For the record, I am still in your corner, however disappointed I may be.

Thanks for your time, Matt Sheridan

PS - Had we all been dressed as John Cena or Roman Reigns would the outcome have been different? Please advise so I can let the other 9 guys know for future shows"

Yeah that confused me too. It's not like they were dressed as non WWF guys and it didn't appear as if they were doing anything distracting either. Most I noticed is the guy dressed as Flair did the "hey I'm on TV" stand up and wave thing at point.

The crowd at the show was pretty upset about it, too. Lot of booing when they were pulled out, and more when they were made to put on t-shirts. Nobody was going to do anything to cause a disturbance at the show. Several of them (Macho, Jake, Volkoff) are long time local workers. They've been doing this when RAW comes to town for several shows now. Very disappointing, as they're always really popular with the fans, taking pictures outside before the show and hanging out at the bars downtown.

Dave confirmed in the WON that they really were confiscating pro-Bryan signs. Not a rumor.

I'll bet WCW never even did that with their popular undercard wrestlers in the late 90s. After 30 years as a fan I'm really starting to despise this company. Seriously, fuck them

Dave confirmed in the WON that they really were confiscating pro-Bryan signs. Not a rumor.

I'll bet WCW never even did that with their popular undercard wrestlers in the late 90s. After 30 years as a fan I'm really starting to despise this company. Seriously, fuck them

Agreed. It confirms the worst fears we had of them actively trying to hurt somebody's drawing power. It's one thing not to give a guy a push. It is another to actively squash the one genuine thing this company had going for it.

It's so frustrating. Reading that in the Observer today leaves a really bad taste in your mouth. I mean after Wrestlemania last year I don't think anyone would have guessed that DB would be in a match with R-Truth and Star Dust at the following Mania. I know it wasn't one of our predictions on the reaction show.

I still really wonder about the confiscating signs thing. On one hand can you put anything past WWE?; on the other hand that just sounds like TOO much for anyone. It's easy for two people to just make up shit to send to Meltzer.